• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power Amp To Pair With Denon AVR-X3700H (Class AB or D?) (150-200WPC)

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought it would work if both devices are connected to my home wifi?
It would but how is the audio getting from your laptop to your main system? I assume they are in separate rooms.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you use Audirvana with just app after you've set it up on a PC? Or does the PC need to be running the program at all times for it to work?

You have a few options with Audirvana. You can use it on your computer wirelessly to the Denon or you could connect a DAC to the Denon and connect the computer to it and control it via Audirvana.

Then, if you want a remote control for the computer running Audirvana you can download the Audirvana phone or tablet app and control the computer playback remotely. However, the app will not work if it can't connect to a computer running Audirvana.

OP
C

CoolHandDuke

You have a few options with Audirvana. You can use it on your computer wirelessly to the Denon or you could connect a DAC to the Denon and connect the computer to it and control it via Audirvana.

Then, if you want a remote control for the computer running Audirvana you can download the Audirvana phone or tablet app and control the computer playback remotely. However, the app will not work if it can't connect to a computer running Audirvana.
Thanks for explaining that. Would not be a problem to keep laptop running, I just would want it in another room. When you connect to the AVR, is there video displayed on the TV what you are streaming from Audirvana?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How would the signal get from the laptop to the AVR bit-perfect?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Also I can't get the app to connect to the laptop using a VPN.

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for explaining that. Would not be a problem to keep laptop running, I just would want it in another room. When you connect to the AVR, is there video displayed on the TV what you are streaming from Audirvana?

That works. As long as the computer running Audirvana (My MacBook Pro) is on and the Audirvana app (on my iPad) are connected to the same wifi or wired network AND you have selected the Denon 3700 in Audirvana using the speaker button (at the right bottom of screen) then the music will stream to the Denon. Your computer can be anywhere in the house. The music streaming will show up on the TV attached to the Denon and the phone/tablet offers the ability to select different songs, search Qobuz/Tidal and control volume on the Denon.

The beauty of this is no compression is done to the source with this process. It's delivered to the Denon in the same format as it's stored on the disk or streamed from Qobuz/Tidal. This allows those HiRes Audio files from HD Tracks to stay High Res and not be downsampled (like Airplay does it).

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That works. As long as the computer running Audirvana (My MacBook Pro) is on and the Audirvana app (on my iPad) are connected to the same wifi or wired network AND you have selected the Denon 3700 in Audirvana using the speaker button (at the right bottom of screen) then the music will stream to the Denon. Your computer can be anywhere in the house. The music streaming will show up on the TV attached to the Denon and the phone/tablet offers the ability to select different songs, search Qobuz/Tidal and control volume on the Denon.

The beauty of this is no compression is done to the source with this process. It's delivered to the Denon in the same format as it's stored on the disk or streamed from Qobuz/Tidal. This allows those HiRes Audio files from HD Tracks to stay High Res and not be downsampled (like Airplay does it).
No way! I didn't know that. That makes my Node 2i obsolete. Thanks!!

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

So basically it's streaming the audio via wifi... why doesn't Audirvana promote this capability?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Is this method using HEOS?

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is this method using HEOS?

No, with Audirvana I use the UPnP/DLNA option which is supported by the Denon 3700. With UPnP Audirvana sends the audio to your Denon in the same format it's stored on your computer. It's a great feature!

Last edited:

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No, with Audirvana I use the UPnP/DLNA option which is supported by the Denon 3700. With UPnP Audirvana sends the audio to your Denon in the same format it's stored on your computer. It's a great feature!
I have a Onkyo RZ810. Don't think it supports DLNA.

kejar31

Humm so, you can use your tablet or phone to control Audivana remotely to then send music to your Denon via UPnP/DLNA aka subverting the HEOS app?

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Humm so, you can use your tablet or phone to control Audivana remotely to then send music to your Denon via UPnP/DLNA aka subverting the HEOS app?

The computer running Audirvana is doing all the work but the Tablet or phone can optionally be used to control the computer remotely. If no one knows this is how it works - then it would appear to the layman that the phone is streaming the music. No need for HEOS with this setup.

The other nice thing is Audirvana also controls Qobuz and Tidal - so I never use their apps anymore. All my audio is in one single app and available with a single interface. That's awesome!

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There's a Music Server app in the USB section that connects wirelessly to my laptop's music files but not clue how to get it to use Audirvana but would the stream be "clean" from the laptop to the Onkyo via wifi? I'm playing flac files and they sound good but I can't stream Qobuz so that's why I was excited for a minute.

I have not used Audirvana with Onkyo. There is a 30 day free trial you could try.
https://audirvana.com

Top Bottom