• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Portable dac/amp for Hifiman HE400SE

jogi

Is there any portable dac/amp that has enough power to drive Hifiman HE400SE headphones?
According to ASR measurements the CEntrance DACPort HD should by most powerful portable amp, but I don't think it is available in europe.
What about Hidizs DH80S will it have enough power to drive the HE400SE?
Any other recommendation?

l-m

Although the DACPortHD is indeed the best for the HE400SE, its power is still not enough for them to play at 100%. With a separate powerful amplifier (I use Drop THX AAA ONE), the sound improves noticeably. Including if you use DACPortHD as a DAC.

asrUser

iFi Gryphon

Adaboy4z

I was using the iFi Go blu it sounded ok, but as others said you need more power.
"Hover Boards dont work on water unless you got POWER"
Biff

jacke

I run mine on a phone jack. assortment of dongles and up to a 240mw AP90. all power them to enough volume. I think the low sensitivity is throwing some off and not allowing for the low 25 Ohm.

Top Bottom