• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Portable amp/DAC with Airplay. Why this does not exist?

OP
F

Fofocho

Output level is one thing, input another. Accuracy with an spl meter could be iffy too. Bluetooth codecs can be different, tho as mentioned.
So Bluetooth is indistinguishable from any other connection, even wire. Sorry I forgot I was in ASR

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So Bluetooth is indistinguishable from any other connection, even wire. Sorry I forgot I was in ASR
That’s the wrong conclusion. It should be: signed comparisons of the kind you did are not adequate enough to verify audible differences. This by no means means there can’t be audible differences.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Apple rules that AAC is virtually indistinguishable from lossless, therefore there is no need to deliver lossless audio the the AirPod Max.
I read online that the new USB-C Airpods can actually do low latency lossless over wireless with Vision Pro.

OP
F

Fofocho

My methodology is a simple as using Bluetooth with BTR5 and inserting the usb so the sound changes to dac mode. It takes 1 second and the difference is notorious

Demir958

Levels are matched in the receiver, even I have tested with a decibel app. Also, when I wire my BTR5 to the iPhone, the sound changes dramatically, much more detail than in Bluetooth. Here I am not comparing Bluetooth with Airplay but with wired connection. I cannot buy that Bluetooth is indistinguishable
What is the most suitable product for iPhone in terms of Bluetooth performance? I wanted to buy a DC04 Pro, but later I wanted it to have Bluetooth. I could not find a suitable product with good ACC performance. How about G5?

Demir958

It's too bad that you can't get full performance for iPhones without ldac. In that case

Demir958

When I connect my headset to my 13 pro phone using the apple dongel, I can only access half of the sound quality when I connect it to the headset of my 6s phone.

Top Bottom