• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Portable amp and dac for Sennheiser HD 600

kop38624

Hello everyone,

I know this question has been asked millions of times before, but I still feel the need to ask before spending on it.

I have HD600 and I use it with a portable music player. (Not a phone). The quality is amazing but the sound is very weak. I'm looking to buy a portable amp and dac to make it louder and stronger. My budget is 100$ to 200$.

Any suggestion or opinions will be welcome,
thank you.

johny_2000

I have HD600 and I use it with a portable music player. (Not a phone). The quality is amazing but the sound is very weak. I'm looking to buy a portable amp and dac to make it louder and stronger. My budget is 100$ to 200$.
I have an HD650 and I use a FiiO KA17 portable DAC with built-in headphone amplifier with my devices (laptop, smartphone, tablet). It costs $150+S/H/T and works great so far.
The output power is more than enough for any of my headphones without using the 4.4mm balanced output. It has an internal 10-band PEQ with three user-customizable profiles that you can adjust to your liking and store in the internal memory. Then select them through the OSD menu. On Win PC, I prefer to use Equalizer APO+Peace software for convenience.

OP
K

kop38624

What is the make and model of the portable music player?
Some small and unknown kind, its not very good but I dont have money to upgrade it now.

I have an HD650 and I use a FiiO KA17 portable DAC with built-in headphone amplifier with my devices (laptop, smartphone, tablet). It costs $150+S/H/T and works great so far.
The output power is more than enough for any of my headphones without using the 4.4mm balanced output. It has an internal 10-band PEQ with three user-customizable profiles that you can adjust to your liking and store in the internal memory. Then select them through the OSD menu. On Win PC, I prefer to use Equalizer APO+Peace software for convenience.
What is S/H/T?
Thank you, i added it to my list to look for.

Ill be happy to get more recommendations.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Some small and unknown kind, its not very good but I dont have money to upgrade it now.
It would be nice to know what digital outputs the portable music player has, so as to be able to recommend a portable DAC/AMP?
Budget?

OP
K

kop38624

Budget is around 100-200$.
About my music player, i know nothing. I have it for a few years, its a very bad one but it has Bluetooth connection so i used it until i vought my headphone. I dont hace money to upgrade it for now. Sometimes i use my phone (Redmi c8)

twsecrest

Budget is around 100-200$.
About my music player, i know nothing. I have it for a few years, its a very bad one but it has Bluetooth connection so i used it until i vought my headphone. I don't have money to upgrade it for now. Sometimes i use my phone (Redmi c8)
So your portable DAC/amp may not be able to connect to your current portable music player?

twsecrest

It is able, it jas bluetooth and a 3.5mm cable hole.
So a portable DAC/amp with Bluetooth input.
It might just be better to daisy chain a portable headphone amplifier, and connect it's input into the Music player headphone jack?

Or just spend $200 on a new portable music player?

Top Bottom