• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll for SMSL ES9039 DAC Owners

Is your SMSL ES9039 Series DAC defective?

• Total voters

Rhamnetin

Inspired by this thread, I wanted to start this poll after having conversations with numerous owners of SMSL DACs featuring one of the ESS Sabre ES9039 series DACs that died very premature deaths. The applicable SMSL DACs are:
  • SMSL D-6s
  • SMSL DL200
  • SMSL SU-9 Pro
  • SMSL DO400
  • SMSL D400ES
  • SMSL SU-X
Please provide a photo or some kind of proof with your submission. This can't be enforced, but I've made the poll as transparent as possible for this reason.

My SMSL SU-X lasted about 20 days before refusing to power on fully (can't go beyond standby mode). Note that I'm not blaming the ES9039 chip, I just wonder if there's a pattern here.

hvebHR0.jpg

sarieri

Forum Donor
I have my D6s for few months by now. I used it as a signal generator to measure stuff. Never had a problem except the IMD Hump that AP can't measure (below its noise floor).

Top Bottom