• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll & discussion: UFOs / UAPs / Other Intelligent Life in Universe

Do you believe there are alien spacecraft that have visited earth’s atmosphere?

• Yes.

• No, and I don’t believe there is other intelligent life in the Universe.

• No, but I do believe there is other intelligent life in the Universe.

• I think there is too much scientific uncertainly to be confident in any opinion on this.

• I am a space alien.

Results are only viewable after voting.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Earth is a typical rocky planet in a typical planetary system, located in a non-exceptional region of a common barred-spiral galaxy. Based on the principle of mediocrity, we are typical, unexceptional and boring. Nobody else gives a damn about us or our puny little planet.

OTOH, I hear that here is some hot action on the Hot Jupiters. It's where all tomorrow's parties are held and where the hot women hang out.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting discussion with Neil Degrasse Tyson and Sam Harris recently. Conclusion, intelligent life elsewhere highly likely, subject to same propensity to destroy itself as us, unlikely to consider us in anyway interesting if evolved a mere few million years before us, more or less guaranteed to have not visited earth.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Earth is a typical rocky planet in a typical planetary system, located in a non-exceptional region of a common barred-spiral galaxy. Based on the principle of mediocrity, we are typical, unexceptional and boring. Nobody else gives a damn about us or our puny little planet.
Sort of, although as David Deutsch points out, the pessimism that may arise from this view doesn’t factor for the only limitation on our potentially being our knowledge and the laws of physics. If we don’t destroy ourselves there’s no reason why we couldn’t build legions of ai self replicating robots to colonise large swathes of the universe.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, quite a lot I think, they could go completely insane for starters.
Then theres the paperclip optimiser problem.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OTOH, I hear that here is some hot action on the Hot Jupiters. It's where all tomorrow's parties are held and where the hot women hang out.

anybody??

Bueller?

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Big Rip Fate of Universe.jpg

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As long as its a real pizza pie and not those deep dish things from Chicago, I'm fine.

Top Bottom