• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Phantom Power Supply Comparisons

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi All,

Wanted to ask if there are any measured performance differences between phantom power supplies as none of them post any useful specifications, except for the ART Phantom I. Posted this under audio interfaces as I couldn't find anything more suitable, and they can be used together (personally I'm finding a way to use my mics with the Cosmos ADC). Prices can be under $20 or $150+, so if there are no differences it is clear which to go for :p

Some of the ones from the big brand names:

There are many other Chinese ones available at even lower prices than the Behringer. An example would be Neewer.

Billi

Hi,
I came across your post and have the same question. Did you ever get any responses? Ever find anything out?
Best,
Bill

EERecordist

You can put them on an oscilloscope and see the ripple. But in practice the filtering capacitors in the microphone clean it up. If you want to be critical, you can build a rechargeable battery phantom supply.

Top Bottom