• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Orchard Audio at Capital Audio Fest 2023 (CAF2023)

orchardaudio

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
Hello,

Orchard Audio equipment will be in 3 rooms at CAF2023 -- Nov 11th to 13th, 2023

Room 708 -- Hollis Audio Labs
The system so far will be a fully active 3-way version of the Magnepan MG10/QR speakers with OB servo subs using the dspNexus 2x8 system.
Will be using two pairs of Orchard Audio Starkrimson Monoblocks driving the planar drivers. More info from Hollis here: https://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=8962.0

Rooms 857 & 859 -- Endow Audio (www.endowaudio.com)
One room will have Bravura 7.2 speakers with a Starkrimson Duo (150Wpc Gan stereo amp)
The other room will have Bravura 12.2 speakers with a Starkrimson Stereo Ultra 2.0 (500Wpc GaN stereo Amp)

I will also be present at the show on Saturday and Sunday and will most likely be in any of the 3 rooms listed above at any given time.

More info to come...

Link to FB Event page:

Last edited:
OP
orchardaudio

orchardaudio

Audio Company
This is the system that will be in room 708, I can't wait to hear it...

More info here:

1699032646887.jpeg

BlackTalon

Forum Donor
I'd love to go there this year but work schedule is looking grim again. I haven't been since right before Covid :-(

ribosradagast

This is the system that will be in room 708, I can't wait to hear it...

More info here:

View attachment 323469
That's a crazy amount of subs! Looking forward to hearing it, I'll be there Saturday if all pans out.

There seems to be much more acceptance of subwoofers in general this year - I saw both SVS and Hsu will be exhibiting at the show. In years past, they've been audiophile taboo, so it's nice to see that impression waning.

goryu

Any idea what the cut off frequency is between the subs and satellites?

HAL

Audio Company
I actually changed the crossover point to 160Hz for the show between the 4x8 servo subs and the Magnepan MG10/QR planars.

Top Bottom