• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nice looking speaker cables that aren't expensive?

CALCULATOR

Like the title says

I want to buy some pre made cables that look decent but aren't insanely expensive

I don't want to get into the whole "how it's sounds" debate, only how it looks

I need them to be about 10ft long and durable, but sensibly priced... Meaning not some $500 cable, that's insane. It's a frickin cable, not a washing machine.

OP
CALCULATOR

CALCULATOR

I really liked these monoprice RCA's I got for $10 each. Super nice looking cables and feel awesome.

Saw the same build cable from "world's best cables" sell for $100+... WTF?

So it's obvious you can make cables for a low cost, as you can see I'm rocking ugliness for my speaker posts, and I want something to match the look of the RCA interconnects
1000002534.jpg

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
White or black zip cord?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You could buy techflex sleeves and put it on your current cable. They make ends to shrink onto and make that look neat too.

OP
CALCULATOR

CALCULATOR

You could buy techflex sleeves and put it on your current cable. They make ends to shrink onto and make that look neat too.

Is there a hack to braiding cables then? Or are you saying just wrap and use the shrink tube

OP
CALCULATOR

CALCULATOR

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Use the techflex sleeve as @Blumlein 88 suggested, and you can use cable 'pants' to neatly cover where the positive and negative split at the end, and then use heat shrink where the cable ends meet your connectors. Fully 'dressed' speaker cables! I guess that's mostly what differentiated Monster Cable/MIT from plain 'zip' back in the 'early days' (well, other than the huge price difference hahaha! but a 'pretty' product and clever marketing spiel and fancy diagrams and 'patented tech' plus extra thick insulation, making it seem like the wires were a much larger gauge than they really were, went a long way to 'selling' the illusion of 'high end' for the most profitable products in audio history lol). Now it's easy for anyone to get the materials to give the same finished look to whatever speaker wire/cable they desire.

Cable 'pants':

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just get Hart Cables or Audiphileninja. Both have custom options and look and work great. The quick connect is great if you have more than one device.

Dismayed

I like Blue Jeans Cables. Custom cables at an off-the-rack price.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
There are plenty of counterfeit cable manufacturers in AliExpress. Now, I would normally frown upon counterfeit anything, and to be honest I am undecided about the ethics of buying counterfeit snake oil at non-snake oil prices. So you could go to AliExpress and buy a cheap non-counterfeit but expensive looking cable if you struggle with the ethics.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There are plenty of counterfeit cable manufacturers in AliExpress. Now, I would normally frown upon counterfeit anything, and to be honest I am undecided about the ethics of buying counterfeit snake oil at non-snake oil prices. So you could go to AliExpress and buy a cheap non-counterfeit but expensive looking cable if you struggle with the ethics.
Reminds me of this https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/55000-nordost-cables-for-60.38261/ (and since Nordost has little in the way of ethics, no problem in that regard).

Top Bottom