• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New member, new project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Tournesol

Tournesol

The result would be - do nothing, anything was already invented. And I do not like this approach. This is our hobby, we like to try, to verify principles, circuit topologies, we like to see and hear the result, because it is our hobby and it brings us some satisfaction. Even if "everything has been already invented", we can see some spots and niches we can still fill in. We can concentrate on some specific issues, regardless cost effectivity, regardless sales and marketing. This is the power of hobby or professional-hobby approach.
Thanks PMA. Thanks A LOT. It feels good.

Regarding SIY personal attacks here, that is exactly what i want to get rid of. The only 2 posts of mine that had been erased in this other forum were the ones I was questioning the moderation. Any correlation between SIY and SY there ? That could explain a lot of his position.
Regarding the content of your two last posts, SIY, if you think that all amps sound the same (your absolute right), free to you to buy existing class D amps. Many measure very well, have high efficiency, most of them low cost. I even use one of them in my sub. I'm not satisfied with the way they sound on treble with my horns. Am-i free to think otherwise or do you think your position have sort of 'law of god' value ?
Please SIY, if you are not positively interested, why bother to put controversy about a person that you don't know ? Just personal remarks based on personal antipathy ?

About loads, I'm very interested in this question since a long time: I use to compensate all my speakers to get a flat impedance curve. I was attacked several time by some people pretending it is useless because not in their school book. Note that they never tried by themselves. Eternal story.

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Please, provide some evidence on your "rather pointless". How can-you know ?
Because the measurements tell me everything I need and want to know. I only ever listen as a final 'reality check' to make sure there was nothing missed in the measurements.

S

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Am-i free to think otherwise or do you think your position have sort of 'law of god' value ?

You're free to think anything you like. Sonic claims need to be supported by evidence. That's the "Science" part. Stick to design, measurement, and validated listening impressions and all will be well in that milieu.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
NO problem on my side with this . Measurements, halas, do not tell everything I need and want to know (Understand/discover).

Do-you realize what you wrote ?
We have thousands of members , many contribute and never draw my attention.

I have to say reading through this thread you yourself have bought a load of drama and histrionics with you . You've pointedly remarked on moderation on other forums and remarked on my message to you , as moderator.

It's a bunch of drama , you have to think , are you worth all this for us ? Adding to that you have directly reference me with @Thomas savage , what is it you want to draw my attention to ?

For me your trouble that's not worth my time. Iv been doing this job for some time and I know whenever someone parachutes in with flames burning from other forums it's trouble we don't need. There are very few exceptions and nothing that's been written in this thread encourages me to think any different.

I will afford you the benefit of the doubt however ( yes as moderator) , keep your posts to things concerning technical aspects of audio . Things of value that can be shared and discussed, ratified by electrical engineering and audio science.

Jokes and a bit of general humour not withstanding anything else will lead you to the exit door ( where I thought you'd gone already, by mutual understanding) .

Thank you , I live in hope you will prove me wrong . After all being wrong is the spice of life.

BillH

Forum Donor
NO problem on my side with this . Measurements, halas, do not tell everything I need and want to know (Understand/discover).

We've had a lot of discussion regarding etiquette and whether this is an an appropriate venue for technical (and associated subjective) discussion . It would be super awesome if the next post on this thread (or a more appropriate location) would have some technical presentation of the design or measurements of this amplifier.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
We've had a lot of discussion regarding etiquette and whether this is an an appropriate venue for technical (and associated subjective) discussion . It would be super awesome if the next post on this thread (or a more appropriate location) would have some technical presentation of the design or measurements of this amplifier.
This !

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company

This is very simple and I'm not sure why there is an extended debate going on here.

This is a science based forum. If your development process embraces measurement and controlled subjective evaluation then no one will have a problem.

However, if I understand your comments so far, you wish a development process that is based on uncontrolled subjective evaluation. This is not the place for such an unscientific and misguided approach.

I have zero interest in someone's random subjective ramblings, even less in how they wish to apply this to design.

There was a thread the other day which highlighted a buffer amplifier from a manufacturer which had several % harmonic distortion in the name of subjective appreciation. That's idiotic as far as I am concerned. You may not be heading quite down that road but I'm confident you will not acheive anything useful without the combination of measurement and highly controlled subjective evaluation.

Last edited:
OP
Tournesol

Tournesol

Thank you , I live in hope you will prove me wrong .
Don't worry. Please deactivate my account. And you can delete this "dramatic" thread.
Thank you for your friendly welcome. Drama was not from my side.
I just asked questions before to involve myself in a work here. That I will, for sure, not do here.
"Way out" ? I just sniffed the local perfume at the entrance before to push the door. No comment on the smell.

May-I invite some of you, however, to be a little more modest with the word science which you brandish as a weapon every two lines, when it is only a question of human pretty primitive technology in constant evolution (I wonder how it will be in 50 years). A little pinch of modesty about our poor knowledge and open mind do not harm. A little bit of sensibility and sympathy as well. Life is short.
The basis of science is doubt and uncertainty, in contrast to your definitive views that you want to impose to others under duress. Good luck for your crusade to impose your absolute bookish truth/ religion to other. Culture is like jam, the less one have the more he spread it.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Don't worry. Please deactivate my account. And you can delete this "dramatic" thread.
Thank you for your friendly welcome. Drama was not from my side.
I just asked questions before to involve myself in a work here. That I will, for sure, not do here.
"Way out" ? I just sniffed the local perfume at the entrance before to push the door. No comment on the smell.

May-I invite some of you, however, to be a little more modest with the word science which you brandish as a weapon every two lines, when it is only a question of human pretty primitive technology in constant evolution (I wonder how it will be in 50 years). A little pinch of modesty about our poor knowledge and open mind do not harm. A little bit of sensibility and sympathy as well. Life is short.
The basis of science is doubt and uncertainty, in contrast to your definitive views that you want to impose to others under duress. Good luck for your crusade to impose your absolute bookish truth/ religion to other. Culture is like jam, the less one have the more he spread it.
Ah ok, my advice is to start your own forum.

Problem solved ( For us both ).

I hope you find or indeed create the environment you desire for your postings .

Thank you and sorry we have not me your requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom