• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New member needs new system and your advice.

williamr

Thanks so much!

Great advice AND with minimal jargon.

I'm going start visiting vendors in the region (DE MD PA and VA) to listen to speakers reviewed and recommended here and on Hydrogen Auto within my price range
( ± $1000/speaker).

Once I've got a top three, I'll try to find a way to pair them with four to five AVR receivers chosen the same way from the same sources.

I'm sure to need some help with matching sensitivity/power/impedance.

Part of my current space is an "Open Floor Plan" (a term that hadn't been invented in 68) that measures 21 X 21. I'm thinking a sub and perhaps a room equalizer might be useful there.

Please post your progress. I'm sure there are a lot of people who are interested in systems in your price range.

You sound like you have a lot of hi-fi experience, but if you feel like a novice, I would visit as many local audio stores you can to audition complete systems rather than trying to buy components one by one. There is a danger of trying to chase specific sales and deals and at the end of the day you get a system that might not work really well as a complete unit. At a local store you can audition the complete system and not have to deal with any surprises.

Top Bottom