• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

new KEF KC62 dual 6.5" subwoofer

kokoon

Forum Donor
In Europe, the price difference is 1500 vs 1000 EUR (tax included) - so the SVS is exactly two thirds of the KEF price. Apparently the price difference is much bigger in the US.

prmfeddema

Pricing might actually differ on where you are located - some discounts might apply on either one of the subs. It might be worthwhile to ask around.....

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
In Europe, the price difference is 1500 vs 1000 EUR (tax included) - so the SVS is exactly two thirds of the KEF price. Apparently the price difference is much bigger in the US.
Yes, in the US the SB3000 micro is $800 vs the KC62 at $1500 I believe.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes - can't wait to read the reviews. Aesthetics-wise i will go for the KC62 - even at twice the price.
French have a saying:
"Des Gouts et des couleurs on ne discute pas "
best translation I came up with : Tastes and colors are not to be discussed ...

kokoon

Forum Donor
Pricing might actually differ on where you are located - some discounts might apply on either one of the subs. It might be worthwhile to ask around.....
I'm hoping to get some discount, but as it is right now, neither of the subs is in stock anywhere in the EU (afaik). Since I'd rather have it sooner than cheaper, I probably won't be going very hard after the discounts.

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The price difference between the Kef KC62 and the SVS micro3000 is substantial (twice) . The difference in girth, not so.

Waiting for reviews/measurements from dependable sources (@amirm, @hardisj , @napilopez , et al.) so far the early reviews for the SVS micro 3000 are quite positive.

I'm getting the Micro 3000 too, so I want to wait to at least hear that beforef inishing up my KC62 review as it is now the most obvious competitor. Unfortunately I'm struggling a bit with the subwoofer measurements as the noise floor in my back yard, which isn't large enough for ground plane measurements, makes dealing with the bass a pain, but I'll do what I can.

prmfeddema

Now my shop is saying "mid may", fyi.
i don't mind a small delay if this allows Kef to fix a number of issues..

As for issues : i have compiled a list with issues & solutions/responses from Kef and it can be found here >> Link <<

prmfeddema

I'm getting the Micro 3000 too, so I want to wait to at least hear that beforef inishing up my KC62 review as it is now the most obvious competitor. Unfortunately I'm struggling a bit with the subwoofer measurements as the noise floor in my back yard, which isn't large enough for ground plane measurements, makes dealing with the bass a pain, but I'll do what I can.

Thanks just curious about your initial (even when not perfect) measurements. FWIW i have just ordered the KC62 as this will better suit the room (even when the svs might be better). Note that i got a very good offer on the KC62 & KW1 so that made the decision easier.

On the wireless side of things: the fact that the LS50SW2 allows for wireless latency compensation tells me that someone at Kef knows what they are doing..

JohnnyZeroSix

I have had two Phantoms at one stage, and it's the only time I EVER had my socks blown off hearing speakers sound like there was a TRUE room-shaking subwoofer present (music doesn't do their bass justice). I'd say they were born for A/V... if it weren't for the atrocious 60ms (min) latency! Got fed up fighting the latency and sold one of them.

JohnnyZeroSix

i don't mind a small delay if this allows Kef to fix a number of issues..

As for issues : i have compiled a list with issues & solutions/responses from Kef and it can be found here >> Link <<
They must be busy un-inverting all those passthrough line-outputs!

prmfeddema

They must be busy un-inverting all those passthrough line-outputs!
Haha - that is already done. They have fixed this in their new batch/production run (that is what their confirmed to me). I have asked Kef to confirm from which serial number this is fixed. No answer received (yet).
If you follow my link with the issues you will see the official response from Kef in the rightmost column >> Link to the document <<

Question: how can one easily check whether this is inverted or not? Any suggestions will be appreciated.h

More Dynamics Please

^ I've sworn off watching these kinds of videos because they are such a waste of valuable time. Instead I decided to read through the comments posted under the video. Bad mistake! Rather than simply wasting time I'm pretty sure that reading comments like that can cause brain atrophy. I've now sworn off both viewing those videos and reading their comments.

whazzup

To save everyone time... It's a video of themselves reading and comparing the spec sheets on camera. :facepalm:
Content creation's a tedious job, so I guess optimizing effort-vs-output ratio is important to sustaining the business....

prmfeddema

i just look at the video - i find them really hilarious in most cases (also on how people try to create content - just to catch viewers)...
But i have to agree that review quality goes down the drain in these type of “reviews”

Top Bottom