• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

new KEF KC62 dual 6.5" subwoofer

Willem

Major Contributor
No measurements i'am afraid.
In that case that should be your first priority. Get yourself a cheap UMIK-1 calibrated measurement microphone, install REW on your computer, and start measuring. Subwoofer integration without measurement is next to impossibe. Measurement is also the basis for dsp room equalization, which is another thing that you cannot do without if you are using subwoofers.

Hans Boorsma

In that case that should be your first priority. Get yourself a cheap UMIK-1 calibrated measurement microphone, install REW on your computer, and start measuring. Subwoofer integration without measurement is next to impossibe. Measurement is also the basis for dsp room equalization, which is another thing that you cannot do without if you are using subwoofers.
Oke thanks for the advice. I will have to familiarize myself with that software and what those measurements actually mean

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had a weird problem with one of my KC62s where it sounds like it's having random pops of random volume. In-room it sounds like my neighbor is thumping the wall, and occasionally it seems to go to full volume, sounds like they slammed a heavy door next door. This only happens with one of them. They're both on the wireless adapter. The one experiencing the pops is furthest from the transmitter (about 20ft) and it's also sitting next to a Wifi router, so at this point I am not sure if it's defective or if it's interference. Anyone experienced anything similar?

I'd rather not send this hefty little brick back, but obviously I can't live with a sub that adds bonus thumps to whatever I'm listening to.

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I've had a weird problem with one of my KC62s where it sounds like it's having random pops of random volume. In-room it sounds like my neighbor is thumping the wall, and occasionally it seems to go to full volume, sounds like they slammed a heavy door next door. This only happens with one of them. They're both on the wireless adapter. The one experiencing the pops is furthest from the transmitter (about 20ft) and it's also sitting next to a Wifi router, so at this point I am not sure if it's defective or if it's interference. Anyone experienced anything similar?

I'd rather not send this hefty little brick back, but obviously I can't live with a sub that adds bonus thumps to whatever I'm listening to.

Try to switch places between the two subs?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

@MattHooper might enjoy them.
Keith

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor

"... next to a Wifi router ...." That would be my guess, at least try to eliminate the possibility. Way back I had a problem with a DAC (Auralic Altair) popping, which exhibited pops, when WiFI was on / close.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"... next to a Wifi router ...." That would be my guess, at least try to eliminate the possibility. Way back I had a problem with a DAC (Auralic Altair) popping, which exhibited pops, when WiFI was on / close.
So I switched the popping one to the other location and the popping seems to have stopped. I'll try it another day or two but at this point it seems like it was probably the router. I'm surprised in that I haven't had that kind of interference in a very long time, maybe ever... not surprised, in that I was running a wireless audio adapter about 4" from an active wifi mesh router.

Anyway, if anyone is wondering whether these units can (measurements aside) make loud noises, the answer is yes. Everyone was fully convinced something big and heavy had hit our wall the first time we got a full scale pop out of the thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom