• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New HSU VTF-TN1 Subwoofer Intro

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I Just received this new subwoofer release info from HSU research.
It looks to replace his TOTL sub at a very attractive price, including a pre-order $100 discount for the early bird.
I have no relationship with Dr Hsu but have been doing business with him since his earliest days in business., 1990?
A nicer, more honest gentleman I've never met in this industry, going back to the days when he most often answered
the order phone himself.
tn-1anglesquare.jpg

I actually owned 2 of these 7' tall sub's, one of his very first products. for 20 years.
DrHsu1.jpg

IMG_0809.JPG

middlemarch

Forum Donor
Nice to see this, thanks for the heads up Sal! My first HSU post-dates yours by a bit, got it in 2001 and it's still going strong. Joined more recently by a pair of ULS-15s. This new design seems a little more friendly shape wise, and at 85 pounds a bit lighter than the old flagship as well, a big factor for us old farts, which is what gave the ULS-15s the nod for me.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Is there somewhere that denotes the subsequent shipping charges? (maybe I missed it). The only item you can add to the shopping cart currently is the $200 deposit.
Look at what they charge for other Subs… will be comparable.

middlemarch

Forum Donor
Is there somewhere that denotes the subsequent shipping charges? (maybe I missed it). The only item you can add to the shopping cart currently is the $200 deposit.
Depends on where you live, but the uls-15 from LA to Seattle is $95. Add about $25 for the extra weight of the bigger sub (that's a WAG).

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Extending Pre-Orders for the VTF-TN1!​

"This just in, an extension of the pre-order sale on the brand new VTF-TN1 subwoofer.
Pre-order before April 12th with a non-refundable $200 deposit, to receive $50 off the full $1199 price(while stocks last!). Estimated shipping timeline is around mid-May."

Forgive me for my promotion here, nothing in it for me except to feel good about helping Dr Hsu,
an old industry friend, and informing our members about a new product and one of the great good-guys
of our business. IMHO.
If your at all in the market for a new sub, at least stop to take a look at this one, it will be hard to surpass
at any cost.
Sal

Top Bottom