• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New device to clean nasties from Ethernet.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
As I said - its senssless......
One hint: Noise can influence the D to A converting in the DAC.
It’s only senseless if your main concern isn’t extracting money from the gullible.

Your lame nonsequitur won’t fly here. This sort of thing is immoral and disgusting.

Honken

As I said - its senssless......
One hint: Noise can influence the D to A converting in the DAC.
DACs are not connected by ethernet though. Streamers possibly, and to be fair - not all streaming is done over TCP. Plenty of realtime streaming is done over protocols with little to no built in error recovery on the transport layer, but most include error recovery in a higher level of the stack. This is especially true for streaming in domestic settings.

You sort of brought this questioning on yourself by raising the question in the first place, you need to give us more than a hint of your position.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
You sort of brought this questioning on yourself by raising the question in the first place, you need to give us more than a hint of your position.
“I am developing now my own filters.”

Seems clear.

VonGoethe

As this also happens to my RME ADI 2 DAC, which is widely known as one of the best engineered DAC, I think there is no known way to prevent this.
But to work on a solution, you first have to accept, that there is a problem.

As I said, its senseless here to discus things, when you are not aware of it.
Bye!

Honken

As this also happens to my RME ADI 2 DAC, which is widely known as one of the best engineered DAC, I think there is no known way to prevent this.
But to work on a solution, you first have to accept, that there is a problem.
The ADI 2 DAC does not speak ethernet.

tw99

As I said, its senseless here to discus things, when you are not aware of it.
Bye!

I'm aware that some people think the earth is flat, but I'm not really minded to discuss it with them anyway.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's also why we don't use floating point operations, far too dangerous. ;)

In all seriousness, (data) consistency and reconciliation are quite important. Pretty hard when the new standard for payments also calls for neartime ("instant") and 24/7. High available, low latency solutions are often eventually consistent. Strictly consistent solutions (waiting for all commits) add latency and might reduce availability when one of the replication targets is down.

Yes, that's why I helped build a global reference data platform using JMS appliances: PubSub+ Event Broker: Appliance | Solace

Top Bottom