• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New device to clean nasties from Ethernet.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a good crimping tool, and can get some good RCA terminals.
A good coaxial cable also could be found on local stores.
Now I have to find some nice nylon or so "cable sox" an I think I am gonna start a new business !
There are some people here to start with?
There will be a special price for first comers !

If you need RJ45, I could manage even that !
Just tell me what "benefits" do you want to have those cables, and I will put on the specifications !
The wish list is opened ! :p
I'd like some spiritual transcendence.

Aldoszx

I'd like some spiritual transcendence.
Done !
Written to the cables specification !
But this will be a subtle experience unless you will listen some specific music.
Anyways, if you will say that is just a bull$//t, you are just an ignorant !:);)

Last edited:

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Another garage start-up. o_O
Nothing wrong with a garage start-up; it just needs to be bedded in demonstrable science. I’d bet most high-end companies started out in a garage or household.

Taddpole

I have a good crimping tool, and can get some good RCA terminals.
A good coaxial cable also could be found on local stores.
Now I have to find some nice nylon or so "cable sox" an I think I am gonna start a new business !
There are some people here to start with?
There will be a special price for first comers !

If you need RJ45, I could manage even that !
Just tell me what "benefits" do you want to have those cables, and I will put on the specifications !
The wish list is opened ! :p

I'd like the cable to invoke the smell of the colour Indigo if that's ok.

Aldoszx

I'd like the cable to invoke the smell of the colour Indigo if that's ok.
Sure !
No problem !
But I have to fully recover myself from COVID-19 to have a proper smell of the indigo color !
The smell came back already, but I have to be sure that is at it's full capacity. ;)

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wonder what the interference is doing if it's not affecting the zeros and ones.

Indeed, if only someone had thought to include error detection and correction in the Ethernet standard, then we wouldn't need all these special cables. I wonder why banks don't use them to ensure that decimal points don't get moved during electronic transactions?

Taddpole

Indeed, if only someone had thought to include error detection and correction in the Ethernet standard, then we wouldn't need all these special cables. I wonder why banks don't use them to ensure that decimal points don't get moved during electronic transactions?

I think you forgot that these "cables are designed exclusively for high quality audio reproduction." Stands to reason they wouldn't work for mere finance.

It's ok financial institutions computer systems are infallible...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54384427

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

VonGoethe

As they say, it is patent pending it would be interesting to see the patent.
Someone know how to find the patent?

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
As they say, it is patent pending it would be interesting to see the patent.
Someone know how to find the patent?

USPTO makes searching easy. But seriously, why care about a patent application? It means zero unless it issues and you want to market a competing device.

Propheticus

That's also why we don't use floating point operations, far too dangerous. ;)

In all seriousness, (data) consistency and reconciliation are quite important. Pretty hard when the new standard for payments also calls for neartime ("instant") and 24/7. High available, low latency solutions are often eventually consistent. Strictly consistent solutions (waiting for all commits) add latency and might reduce availability when one of the replication targets is down.

VonGoethe

I am sure it will.
I was a long time unbeliever of this approach, I am developing now my own filters.

It has nothing to do with data integrity, but with signal integrity. Ethernet is a differential signal, so the sum of the signal should always be 0. But this is only in theory. In real world there is always some deviations, which could be called noise. This deviations will not be eliminated and travel in your device.

But I think my explanation will be senseless in this forum and will only be the base for new jokes - so I will stop.

Propheticus

As long as signal to noise ratio is good enough to distinguish 0 from 1 ...and/or TCP/IP protocol does error correction (which it does) the data is transmitted correctly.

You're applying analogue thinking to digital transmission.

VonGoethe

As I said - its senssless......
One hint: Noise can influence the D to A converting in the DAC.

Top Bottom