• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Audient Id14 MKII

Deseps

Hey all! First time post.

I just picked up an ID14 mkII. Upon some research here, it seems they've replaced some chips with a lower quality version. I feel a little burned, since I went off the original reviews of the product when making my decision.

Should I return for another interface? I only have about 3-400 for an interface. What would you do in my situation?

Thank you!

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome to ASR. Can you share a photo showing which chips they replaced in your unit?

paQ

First post here too :D.

I have opened an Audient Id14 MK2 that I bought from Amazon about 10 days ago. I share the photos of the interior that I have taken, in case it helps. Apparently they have kept the Cirrus Logic CS43198 but they have changed the AKM for an ESS. In Julian Krause's yutub channel there is a review of the ID44 MK2 that mounts what is apparently the same chip but with more inputs and outputs.

20221012_232222.jpg

It would be nice to know the differences between these two chips.

All the best.

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Here is some more info:

Top Bottom