• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need advice - HD800s or LCD4z

ST92

Dear users, I’d like to ask for opinions from people experienced in that field,

I need a headset to be used exclusively in portable setup, with Btr7, for listening to mostly classical repertoire (organ, chamber, orchestra) and for recording of myself (my instrument is organ).

I already own a pair of HD800S, and a person in my country is selling an LCD4z.

I am very uncertain whether I should go for it?

The cons are that they are still more expensive, that I unfortunately won’t have possibility to try them out and to return them (only resell), that I heard about driver problems with Audeze (I’m in Europe).

The pros could be that they might simply be musically more rich than HD800S, and with a better base, and that they would work better with Btr7

I know there is no right or wrong, all a matter of taste, but still would appreciate opinions.

Thank you!

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had the HD800S a few times and the LCD-DX was a disappointment for it's price. The Hifiman Arya stealth is the only one I'd consider an upgrade to the HD800s depending on personal preference. Audeze is very well made, but overpriced for the sound you get.

Top Bottom