• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need a better bass capable headphone amplifier

HEsicAD

Hi I'm new around here and have a question about home headphone amplifiers.
I'm looking for a headphone amp capable of powering the 250ohm Beyerdynamic DT990 semi open backed headphones, as well as a few others, these being the harder to drive in my collection currently.
But the thing is I need an amp capable of producing a harder puncher bass while not muddying everything else. And I know eq settings & player account for alot too.
I'm using my computer as the media center and Foobar2000 as my music program. My motherboard has an on board DAC but I'm absolutely open to separate DAC Amp combos.

Dedicated DAC amps are cool as well as PC sound cards.

I own the FIIO E17K Apine 2 DAC/Amp for walking around and I LOVE the Bass the little guy puts out, but sadly it can't power some of my other headphones.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi I'm new around here and have a question about home headphone amplifiers.
I'm looking for a headphone amp capable of powering the 250ohm Beyerdynamic DT990 semi open backed headphones, as well as a few others, these being the harder to drive in my collection currently.
But the thing is I need an amp capable of producing a harder puncher bass while not muddying everything else. And I know eq settings & player account for alot too.
I'm using my computer as the media center and Foobar2000 as my music program. My motherboard has an on board DAC but I'm absolutely open to separate DAC Amp combos. Dedicated DAC amps are cool as well as PC sound cards.
I own the FIIO E17K Apine 2 DAC/Amp for walking around and I LOVE the Bass the little guy puts out, but sadly it can't power some of my other headphones.
Except for some lower cost headphone amplifiers with a built in bass boost, headphone amplifiers do not normally have some special way of boosting the bass, a good quality and powerful headphone amplifier can help a headphone output the best bass the headphone is capable of making.

Top Bottom