• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My birthday’s coming and wife asked about my interests (headphone/amp tips, let’s go)

PSKTNML

Hi!

Long time lurker, lazy poster and forthcoming birthday king! Pleased to meet you all.

So! Got my wife quite an expensive birthday gift this year and she’s panicking to pay me back (no, not calculated).

I’ve had a quite few headphones in my posession during my lifetime and at the moment I’ve been using R70x with SMSL M/SP200 stack. They’re great and all but from time to time I dig up my closet to get some fun back into the game whilst R70x are godsent for my work.

Any how, been musician all my life and apparently a DJ now too because of an unlucky step-in gig to get this one occasion bumping.

I think I have pretty clinical ear developed during all these years as a musician (for my age of 32).

Now, if fun for me is (don’t you laugh there scientists) Sony MDR-1AM2 (from what ever dac can’t seem to be that golden eared though, and a little rolled off high fr amp) - what would ve your recommendation for HP/amp combo. Of course closed backs hit the lows hard but I’m a little hot eared so opens are good option for comfyness.

In closet: earpads torn MDR-1AM2, BD 990 250ohm, R70x and Moondrop Chus. Amps etc: Audient ID4 MKII, the SMSL stack, some Audioquest Dragonfly Black and lots of Vintage mid-fi from 60-90’s.

Price range 600-1000e for whole set, the cheaper the better!

Thanks peiple and have a good one!

Top Bottom