• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My Android as Streamer to my DAC

GWHphoto

I have followed several threads with interest, but need help across the finish line.

I am a newbie to streaming. I have a high end audio system, including a DAC built into my integrated amplifier with a USB-B input (and also XLR, Toslink, coax inputs).

I bought a quality USB-C to USB-B cable to connect the phone and the DAC.

Phone is Samsung Z Fold 4. Android 13 with most recent updates. Streaming apps are Apple Music and Apple Classical, Tidal and Qobuz.

I have installed USB Audio Player Pro on the phone.

Now, how do I get going? I am somewhat new to this. This will be for using the streaming services only, for now. Do I start them from within the USP Audio Player Pro app? I see that Tidal and Qobuz show up in the USB Audio Player App. Apple music apps do not. How do I link my Apple Music Apps to the USB Audio Player App? And, how will I know if I am getting bit perfect native resolution output to the DAC?

Thanks!!

OP
G

GWHphoto

Thank you, StaticV3.

Sorry I posted it twice, but the other thread was a little old (last post was Feb) and I was not sure anyone was watching it.

And yes, I am a beginner at this, but wanted to try it before dropping several thousand on a streaming device.

I will try it out over the weekend. Any tips about getting the most out of the USB app? Settings, things like that?

Maybe Android 14 will open up the Apple. If I use the Apple natively, is there a way to know what resolution I am getting?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Any tips about getting the most out of the USB app?
Do you mean USB Audio Player Pro?
Not really, it should work just fine with default settings.
Though again: you can't use Apple Music with it.

If I use the Apple natively, is there a way to know what resolution I am getting?
The only way is with a DAC that has some kind of status LED or sample rate display.

OP
G

GWHphoto

Final question (for today), can I link other music apps to the USB Audio Player Pro, or only can use those that are already within it (Tidal and Qobuz). I am thinking especially Idagio, but also Amazon HD, Deezer and the like.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Final question (for today), can I link other music apps to the USB Audio Player Pro, or only can use those that are already within it (Tidal and Qobuz). I am thinking especially Idagio, but also Amazon HD, Deezer and the like.
You cannot.

Zensō

Major Contributor

jmillar

I have used an Android phone streaming Apple Music through the app (other services as well) to my D30 DAC and A90 HP amp in my second system.
Wavelet runs as a system service and works absolutely fine using the Sundara profile (in my case)

SashaR

wanted to try it before dropping several thousand on a streaming device.
In connection with what you said about buying a streamer for thousands of dollars. I hope those in the know will correct me: there is no need for anything other than (any?) Android device. I have Tidal on two devices without any problems: GT KING and GT KING PRO. I should get something really cheap soon (with Android 13) - and if anyone is interested, I'll talk about this device as a Tidal streamer.

Top Bottom