• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Murphy Corner Line Array

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
I bought it but couldn't use it very well, due to an old PC with not enough video card power. Its real-time graphics took down my old machine lol.
Upgraded the PC, but have been waiting for video cards to get back to $ reasonable....
In case you haven't noticed, they kind of have. That being said, I find no indications at all that the software would require any noteworthy amount of GPU power... it may well be completely CPU-bound. If the new PC has no on-chip graphics to offer, I would try it with whatever not-entirely-ancient potato GPU you can find on the used market (a GT710 generally seems to be new enough to have a BIOS with UEFI support and generally is passively cooled).

gnarly

Major Contributor
In case you haven't noticed, they kind of have. That being said, I find no indications at all that the software would require any noteworthy amount of GPU power... it may well be completely CPU-bound. If the new PC has no on-chip graphics to offer, I would try it with whatever not-entirely-ancient potato GPU you can find on the used market (a GT710 generally seems to be new enough to have a BIOS with UEFI support and generally is passively cooled).
Yep, thx for heads up on vid card prices. I guess with crypto currencies collapse, their demand has dropped a lot.

Should probably admit even the relatively weak Ryzen 5600G I moved to, with just it's integrated graphics seemed handle APL_TDA RT's graphic needs.
(My old Intel Core duo was enough CPU....APL shows how well the CPU is keeping up)
It took me a while to be willing to try to migrate Win10 to a new mobo/CPU...i kinda lost interest in really checking out APL, I guess.
Measurements are part of the audio hobby for me....use REW, ARTA, and especially Smaart, alot. Still curious about APL, need to make time...

Top Bottom