• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Movie Review: Midnight Special

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
We wanted to watch a movie tonight so pulled up the On-demand movie guide and landed on a delightful sci-fi movie oddly called: Midnight Special.

The cheezy poster does not do it justice:

Midnight_Special_%28film%29_poster.jpg

It is a first movie since Sixth Sense that had a child actor that actually acted. The movie story unfolds minute by minute, guiding us to an ending that is not predictable until late in the movie. I can't tell you much without revealing the story but it is an absolute must watch if you like combination of suspense and Sci-Fi.

It is a somber but hopeful movie. It makes you think at the end and might even cause you to shed a joyful tear. I expected very little given the synopsis and poster and was delighted for a little over two hours. Kudos to director and writer, Jeff Nichols.

Music score by David Wingo was amazingly well done, constantly tracking and highlighting what is going on in the story. Here is an excerpt:

Rotten Tomatoes score is 84% and that would be my score too.

I usually post the movie trailer but I think it is best to not watch it as it gives away some of the detail.

It is free on-demand in US. Run to your favorite cable box to find and watch it. Highly Recommended!

Last edited:
Top Bottom