• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Motu ultra lite Mk4 as multidac

Vince2

I remember reading that others have used the motu ultra lite as a multidac, but I am experiencing difficulties getting it set up under windows 10.
I'm using eq apo to equalize 6 channels separately as an active digital crossover, using qobuz as streaming source. USB connected to motu and output through analogue 3-8 to 6 channel amp.
The difficulty is that motu in 1-18 or motu out 1-24 are grayed out as default audio device under windows and although eq app and qobuz will recognize the motu audio device, no signal is passed on. Looks like the motu routing is properly linking the digital in to the analogue out.
Anyone having experience in making this setup work?

OP
V

Vince2

Tried emailing technically support and not making progress after a week. This weekend I have time for some trouble shooting.

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
I am trying to use the UltraLite mk5 as multichannel dac. Just last Wednesday I called the tech support and resolved my issue within 15 mins.

A lady picked up my call very quickly, asked a few questions, and asked me to wait for the tech guy who worked from home to call me back. The tech guy called me back right after I hung up with the lady. He examined what my issue was using TeamViewer, changed one setting on the CueMix5 for me, and all my issue was resolved.

I called the tech support last year when I run into a problem with the M2 and they were very responsive just like this time. I called during workdays, though.

OP
V

Vince2

So, talked to motu tech support. No solutions yet. Will explore if voicemeeter can make this work. Otherwise may give ekio a try.

OP
V

Vince2

Figured out the source of my problems. The asio driver was malfunctioning. Now everything is working as expected and have a great multi dac and eq setup.

Top Bottom