• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monoprice vs Polk or Klipsch in walls? Not many people recommending those brands recently. Are we just not a fan of the quality?

clipghost

Monoprice vs Polk or Klipsch in walls? Not many people recommending those brands recently. Are we just not a fan of the quality?

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's not the quality that tends to be the issue, it's the objective performance of these brands. I have not seen many reviews on ASR for them, but there are a few in wall speakers reviewed that you can look through

tomkatt

I'm partial to Klipsch, but only if you're in a larger space. Horn tweeters will cause massive ear fatigue in a smaller room.

I have Klipsch in my living room and love them, though not familiar with any sort of in-wall setup.

OP
C

clipghost

I'm partial to Klipsch, but only if you're in a larger space. Horn tweeters will cause massive ear fatigue in a smaller room.

I have Klipsch in my living room and love them, though not familiar with any sort of in-wall setup.
Which one's do you have? Thanks!

tomkatt

My fronts are the r-620f towers and my center is the RC-62 II.

It's all part of a 5.1.2 setup. The surrounds are my old Dayton T-652-AIRs and the heights are B652-AIRs. They're AMT instead of horn, but all fairly bright speakers and blend well enough. I just wanted to make sure the fronts and center matched well, don't care as much about surrounds.

I honestly believe they work well because of the space, it's a 14' x 30' room with the Klipsches at on end on the short wall. The surrounds are halfway into the room, just behind the living room seating. I would definitely NOT want them in a smaller space. Even the Daytons' small AMTs were very fatiguing in my office (12' x 10') when listening in nearfield.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Not a bad showing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom