• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mjolnir Audio Pure Bipolar - Opinion on internal pictures

Koeitje

Major Contributor
LOL. What would you recommend I get to have a high fidelity sound? What DAC, AMP and Headphones do you think will create this high fidelity sound you speak of? Teach me, I am obviously misguided...
For electronics its anything with errors in reproduction below the threshold of hearing (and with enough power for your use case in case of an amplifier). Transducers is a difference story.

And I don't think you are misguided, you just decided to focus the experience and not the sound on its own. And that's ok, its just that most people don't enjoy spending 2x, 5x, 10x, 20x or even more for the same sound quality.

Noendgamehere

For electronics its anything with errors in reproduction below the threshold of hearing (and with enough power for your use case in case of an amplifier). Transducers is a difference story.
I see... I wish someone would've told me this 5 yrs ago when I started on this journey. I could've saved a lot of time and money. I must've been reading the wrong audio stuff by the wrong reviewers, publications and journals. I had no idea what high-fidelity meant. I just thought if it had the little sticker it was good and the more expensive it was the more I should buy it.

Firefly00

LOL. What would you recommend I get to have a high fidelity sound? What DAC, AMP and Headphones do you think will create this high fidelity sound you speak of? Teach me, I am obviously misguided...
If high fidelity is the accurate reproduction of the original sound, you‘ll want the most transparent gear available. Would look like Okto Dac8 > Topping A90 > low distortion headphone EQ’d to harman, such as LCD-5, LCD-X, Aeon Noire, Stealth

Noendgamehere

If high fidelity is the accurate reproduction of the original sound, you‘ll want the most transparent gear available. Would look like Okto Dac8 > Topping A90 > low distortion headphone EQ’d to harman, such as LCD-5, LCD-X, Aeon Noire, Stealth
I see. Thank you for the advice.

Noendgamehere

And I don't think you are misguided, you just decided to focus the experience and not the sound on its own. And that's ok, its just that most people don't enjoy spending 2x, 5x, 10x, 20x or even more for the same sound quality.
As my grandmother would say... Oy Vey!

Top Bottom