• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Topping DX3Pro LDAC/V2

dean70

Got it working can play at DSD256 12.288Mhz now on new system. Previous system refused to play 48k DSD for some reason even though using the same driver.

DX3Pro cannot switch from DSD256 (11.2896Mhz) to 12.288Mhz correctly - plays too slow in this case. Only way to get the DAC to sync correctly is to change to a PCM output mode, then back to DSD256 12.288Mhz. Same when going from DSD256 12.288Mhz to DSD256 11.2896Mhz

Mike123

DX3Pro cannot switch from DSD256 (11.2896Mhz) to 12.288Mhz correctly - plays too slow in this case.
What software do you use? I once had this error on Foobar. Switching the output from dsd to psm and back fixed this bug. I don't know if this is a Foobar error, a Foobar component error or an asio driver error.

dean70

What software do you use? I once had this error on Foobar. Switching the output from dsd to psm and back fixed this bug. I don't know if this is a Foobar error, a Foobar component error or an asio driver error.

Use HQPlayer with sinc-s filter that can only upsample to integer multiples hence 44.1k source to DSD256 11.2896Mhz and 96k PCM source to DSD 256 12.288Mhz. Interesting the DX3 Pro display shows 22.5Mhz rather than 11.2 for 48k DSD256.

Toku

Major Contributor
DSD is standardized based on 44.1kHz and there is no DSD based on 48kHz. So, technically, I think that even if it is possible to convert from 48kHz to DSD 256/12.288MHz, the DAC side is not made assuming such operation.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the answer. I don't think I will notice a bit of hiss, I am considering them as a bookshelf speakers in the lounge.
There's lots of peeps here at ASR that have the 305P. I'm sure one or two can give you some ideas.

scribley0

Is JBL 305P speakers good choice for DX3Pro? Any thoughts

IMHO yes but JBL's have the availability of XLR balanced input which we are told is better than RCA/RCA (and the cable dilemma) so you may feel you would be better going for a DAC with XLR out. The hiss issue is fake news in my view. I run a pair of 306P's and hiss is barely perceiptble if you listen with your ear two inches away from the speaker with no source and cannot be heard at all during normal use - at least by me.

M1ke

IMHO yes but JBL's have the availability of XLR balanced input which we are told is better than RCA/RCA (and the cable dilemma) so you may feel you would be better going for a DAC with XLR out. The hiss issue is fake news in my view. I run a pair of 306P's and hiss is barely perceiptble if you listen with your ear two inches away from the speaker with no source and cannot be heard at all during normal use - at least by me.

Thanks scribley0, that's a good point! I'm going to look at DACs with XLR output, I think the price tag will be higher too.

ab1985

I would like to use it as a preamp for a tube amp ... any suggestions about it?

It's a me

Hi, long time lurker.
I have the dx3 pro V2 along with 2x Mackie MR525.
I would like to add a headphone and was looking for something like
the Philips Fidelio X2HR or maybe even the Hifiman Sundara.
Will the pre-amp be able to correcty drive these low impedence headphones?

Top Bottom