• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

McIntosh MHA100 any good?

Mirko

I’ve owned this piece of gear now since 2014. Going on a solid 10 years. I’ve considered selling it a few times but I can’t get rid of it because it’s that good. It’s a solid piece that has excellent bass and is built like a tank. I run everything through it from Vinyl to it’s intended Dac via headphones . Even at its original cost, I find the value good given it can drive speakers exceptionally well, and can act as a fully functional integrated amp that provides great solid state sound. I have a topping setup for office DAC and headamp but i keep going back to that warm MCIntosh sound.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
even by Mac standards this is amazingly over done... its 12kg 25lb and it has a 50w amp inside??? its basically an integrated at this point

I like it how the owner here goes... "its not actually very good but it does have the trademark McIntosh sound"

Jflijohn

IMG_1288.jpeg

I was granted a small footprint in the new built-in and went with the MHA-100 and KEF LS50s its a huge hit with the wife and sitting here, martini in hand,I think it sounds great. Also, they are oozing character. They command a hefty price tag because… they can, Detractors be damned !!!

Top Bottom