• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MartinLogan Motion 60XTi vs Revel Concerta2 F35

Grierts

Does anybody have any first hand experience with these speakers?

60% music %40 Movies

Will be paired with 2x SVS PB1000 Pro

The Martin Logan's are $280 more

Selkirks

I used to sell both brands. The 60XTi's had a more bass heavy presentation in 3 different listening rooms, it can be overwhelming at times. I like the smaller Motion series models, my #3 set of speakers are 20i's. The overall sound signature may not suit all listeners tastes. The Concerta2 series, in my opinion represents a better value and to my ears sounded more balanced.

OP
G

Grierts

I used to sell both brands. The 60XTi's had a more bass heavy presentation in 3 different listening rooms, it can be overwhelming at times. I like the smaller Motion series models, my #3 set of speakers are 20i's. The overall sound signature may not suit all listeners tastes. The Concerta2 series, in my opinion represents a better value and to my ears sounded more balanced.

Interesting

The MartinLogan Motion 60XTi would cost $1,141.63

The Revel Concerta2 F35 would cost $800

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
I heard the Motion line years ago, not the 60XTi model but others. Their frequency response is all over the place. They sound good, but from an engineering perspective, I would take the Revel any day.

Elkerton

The Revels will be easier to live with overall because they have a flatter listening window and are definitely flatter on axis:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.c...UHgHbZHs/s1600/Spin+-+Revel+Concerta2+F35.png

Compare with the ML linked above. The curves for it are accurate above 200 Hz. Notice that the ML is flatter in response at +/- 20° off axis, so they could be okay. I have only heard them vs Revel M105s, which were preferred when both had subs employed.

SnakeOil

I heard the Motion line years ago, not the 60XTi model but others. Their frequency response is all over the place. They sound good, but from an engineering perspective, I would take the Revel any day.
The speaker that sounds better is engineered better

digitalfrost

Major Contributor

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Those tests show why the ML sounds bass heavy. The Revel is the better speaker.

OP
G

Grierts

Can I get some thoughts on the Heco Aurora 1000 vs the Revels Concerta2 F36 Vs the Arendal 1961 Towers ?

Top Bottom