• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Magico M9

D

Deleted member 43441

The 5th Magico M9(#09,10) is arrived at South Korea.
They are so huge(over 2M!!) and heavy(1000 Pound, 454Kg).
I joined to set to measure because they are not easy to relocation so they had to be set their place at once.

Impression to listen with short time could be described as it was VERY REALISTIC SOUND.
Mid and High can be good at small speakers too, but the midbass to sub-bass is not easy to get realism.
M9's those range was unexperienced sound. Obviously highend.

Edit : Measurement data was excluded at the request of the concerned person.

Very impressive.

mightycicadalord

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not A fan of measurements getting taken down. Not a good look.

Removed at request of concerned person, wtf does that even mean lol.

I'd like to request Wilson tunetot review be taken down from asr. I am a concerned person so my request should be granted.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Understandable though, physics, traditional loudspeaker, positioned away from the front wall leads to cancellation.
Keith

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm concerned that was someone was concerned enough to ask the measurements to be deleted.

Same here... Wondering was it Magico that did not like the way their $700,000 speakers measured or the owner who didn't like the way his likely multi-million dollar set-up measured. Inquiring minds want to know...

Martin

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Good day to you all!

Why do we automatically assume the room to be a "great design" by the presence of diffusers and other acoustic treatments paraphernalia?
The speakers are indeed huge and imposing. Magico has shown they know a thing or two about speaker design but ..seriously, I have seen better in-room response from this very forum.
Woke up in a buzzkill mood :p

We don't make such an assumption based on visible treatments. We make a statement based on the previously posted in-room measurement, which I now understand was not taken at the listening position, therefore I retract my statement.

KaiDeus

I wonder, if anyone in the market for these speakers would be oblivious to room interactions.

OP
Jason K

Jason K

The measurement was outstanding indeed.
Extremely low distortion, clean on axis,accurate xo.
It is just a taking care about.
You don’t have to worry or suspect about it.

mightycicadalord

Oh I didn't know I was on "just take my word for it" review forum. I thought this was audio science review.

kongwee

Major Contributor
Oh I didn't know I was on "just take my word for it" review forum. I thought this was audio science review.
Definitely not a majority for audio researcher or scientist forum for sure. Of course somebody may involved in this field.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I would still pick this one over the M9;)
a8auhdo0jeizpzzfu3s3.jpg

mightycicadalord

With the concerned person Jason probably means the owner (the person whom it concerns).
It's just a loudspeaker people - don't take things so seriously.

The worry is that it was taken down by the manufacturer, but we don't know.

I go here for transparency not secrecy.

If it really is the room owner who dropped insane money for average performance and doesn't want people to know, that's just hilarious.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The manufacturer could I am sure make a more contemporary design, active/cardioid/constant directivity/ etc etc but their dealers and the majority of their customers wouldn’t like it, as to alternatives I would have the Beolab 90s.
Edit which I used to think were pretty pricey at £60k rrp, but now seem almost reasonable.
Keith

mightycicadalord

Being the owner means he owns it. He doesn’t need a reason. I expect he or she is not a member here, and owes us zero.

So I can request data on things I own here to be removed? I have an aiyima a07, I'd like to request the review data be removed. Same for KH80 and 8030c. Thanks.

Top Bottom