• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Magico M9

Tom C

Major Contributor
So I can request data on things I own here to be removed? I have an aiyima a07, I'd like to request the review data be removed. Same for KH80 and 8030c. Thanks.
Did you do the measurements on gear you purchased? If so, I would think you could.

kongwee

Major Contributor
Those who want the measurement properly save the jpg. I am very sure it will be brought up in ASR again.

Tom C

Major Contributor
Simply that, whoever the owner is, he owns the speakers and the room that the measurements were taken in. The measurements were in some way paid for by him, maybe his own measurement system, or maybe the measurement system belongs to the dealer. At any rate, all privately owned. It may just be a privacy thing.
Yes Jason is a member, but he tells us he is not the owner of the room or the speakers. He has a client to please.

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
This is a public forum. Jason is a member. He uploaded something, the owner (probably) asked him to take it down. Which he did. What's your point?

Other than the room-induced cancellation in the bass, the measurements I saw (before it was removed) was impressive -- nothing that could not be 'fixed' or that looked broken to me.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, for a new speaker freshly installed in the room, without weeks/months/years of positioning and acoustics optimization, it was already excellent to begin with. Not sure why the owner decided to take the measurements down, but I respect his decision.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
nothing that could not be 'fixed' or that looked broken to me.
When you've spent 700,000 on speakers, you're probably not particularly happy about such feedback. :)
I also thought it didn't look broken. But to be impressed, I'd like to see a farfield measurement from a big studio for comparison (main monitors + the remaining megabucks for proper flush mounting). Unfortunately, I can't find anything like that anywhere.

kongwee

Major Contributor
When you've spent 700,000 on speakers, you're probably not particularly happy about such feedback. :)
I also thought it didn't look broken. But to be impressed, I'd like to see a farfield measurement from a big studio for comparison (main monitors + the remaining megabucks for proper flush mounting). Unfortunately, I can't find anything like that anywhere.
So far the studio I went, seldom playing their far field speaker. Only three occasion, I listened to their full range speaker. Really not that fantasising. Most of time, they will just play their near fields. Of course, it is not for music enjoyment. Work and enjoyment are different. Sure you can do your listening room like a studio, no problem at all.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So far the studio I went, seldom playing their far field speaker. Only three occasion, I listened to their full range speaker. Really not that fantasising. Most of time, they will just play their near fields. Of course, it is not for music enjoyment. Work and enjoyment are different. Sure you can do your listening room like a studio, no problem at all.
Ok. I meant it only as a reference, though. Because I don´t know how an "excellent" in-room-response with 5m distance to LP looks like in real life and i would like to know.

bo_knows

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Far field measurement is hard to be clean FR as nearfield. Of course the bass range should be more clean, but the ceiling and side wall absorber is not very thick to absorbe axial room modes. The front and back wall are treated thick and bass resonant absorbers, So the overall RT60 is about 0.2~0.4s from the bass to treble.

View attachment 184792
I'm not the acoustician but IMHO the biggest bass problem(s) (100-200hz) will be created directly to the side of the speakers. Placing the side wall absorbers/diffusers in the middle of the wall works great for the mid to high-frequency reflection but bass pressure will build up at the bottom and the top of adjacent walls. Ticket porous absorbers (6-8inches) will work fine in the 80-200Hz range but not below that. The room and the equipment look phenomenal. Audiophile dream! Good luck with the setup.

MarkWinston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The worry is that it was taken down by the manufacturer, but we don't know.

I go here for transparency not secrecy.

If it really is the room owner who dropped insane money for average performance and doesn't want people to know, that's just hilarious.
Nobody owes you a damn thing, lets just get that clear. Stop feeling so entitled. To the OP Jason, you have every right to remove any personal measurements, regardless what reason. A few saw those measurements and besides that one null that is caused by measuring 1 meter away from the speakers, they looked more than great.

atltx

Mark Winston,

You hit the nail on the head. Somebody paid their hard earned money to have one of the best loudspeaker systems in the world. Somehow, a preliminary measurement from the system made it onto the internet. Seems like the measurement was perfect except for some fine tuning; and the person was probably going to repost a better run later. A new owner’s excitement was met with hostility. Perfect example of why some of the greatest experiences in the world are not meant for average people. How can a person be average AND feel entitled to anything. An average person should be thankful for being exposed to certain things and that person should become better. Mediocrity is a disease.

This will be my first and last post here. This “hobby” has way too many narcissistic followers. As a matter of fact, I’m done with the hobby. I’d rather go outside and mow grass. For the record, I’m not tooting my own horn for a reason - humility took me too far to set myself back.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Certainly one of the most expensive loudspeaker systems, manufacturers never post in room measurements the room is in total control especially in the low bass, unless you have a properly ( metres of rockwool in every direction) room, which this one didn’t.
Keith

fredstuhl

Mark Winston,

You hit the nail on the head. Somebody paid their hard earned money to have one of the best loudspeaker systems in the world. Somehow, a preliminary measurement from the system made it onto the internet. Seems like the measurement was perfect except for some fine tuning; and the person was probably going to repost a better run later. A new owner’s excitement was met with hostility. Perfect example of why some of the greatest experiences in the world are not meant for average people. How can a person be average AND feel entitled to anything. An average person should be thankful for being exposed to certain things and that person should become better. Mediocrity is a disease.

This will be my first and last post here. This “hobby” has way too many narcissistic followers. As a matter of fact, I’m done with the hobby. I’d rather go outside and mow grass. For the record, I’m not tooting my own horn for a reason - humility took me too far to set myself back.
A statement of great wisdom and humility!

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Somebody paid their hard earned money to have one of the best loudspeaker systems in the world.
In my mind's eye I picture a nurse who just wants to relax after the night shift with some music from the Magicos...

Perfect example of why some of the greatest experiences in the world are not meant for average people.
Oops, wrong picture!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Being just an average nurse she wouldn’t have appreciated them anyway.
Keith

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom