• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mackie HR824, repair or rebuild?

OP
C

Citizen

bass was pretty good on the newer ones of these I had like you said not quite sub levels but pretty powerful . what do you think of the avi speakers in your picture and also the castle ones I'm not sure i recognise the model ?
AVI are stunning, they are the AVI ADM 9.1t's, not to hot in the bass department but will destroy the Mackies in detail, depth, soundstage and give a good run for volume, if they had the bass of the Mackies they would be perfect, the other speaker are, Castle Howard(rear), they have some drivers from the later AVI DM10's shoehorned in the front at the moment but don't quite sound right so am was going to cannibalize the Castles in front of them which are the Chester model(they have the same drivers but only have the front firing and not the twin with upward firing of the Howard's) but when the arrived and I saw the condition I am now having second thoughts, I may put the drivers from the Chester into the Howard's and then play with the Chester's and try to get those AVI drivers to work, it will require a new crossover though, will most likely pair them with a Scanspeak 2905/9500, i think that is the model number, the last speakers at the back are some Ruark Icon's, they are a damn good little speaker.

OP
C

Citizen

AVI are stunning, they are the AVI ADM 9.1t's, not to hot in the bass department but will destroy the Mackies in detail, depth, soundstage and give a good run for volume, if they had the bass of the Mackies they would be perfect, the other speaker are, Castle Howard(rear), they have some drivers from the later AVI DM10's shoehorned in the front at the moment but don't quite sound right so am was going to cannibalize the Castles in front of them which are the Chester model(they have the same drivers but only have the front firing and not the twin with upward firing of the Howard's) but when the arrived and I saw the condition I am now having second thoughts, I may put the drivers from the Chester into the Howard's and then play with the Chester's and try to get those AVI drivers to work, it will require a new crossover though, will most likely pair them with a Scanspeak 2905/9500, i think that is the model number, the last speakers at the back are some Ruark Icon's, they are a damn good little speaker.
I forgot the mission 782's, they have just had the new Audax cones put into them as the old aerogels have a terminal problem and the little Anthony Gallo subwoofer, SW150 I think it is, has a lovely bespoke dual voice coil Peerless XXLS 10 inch driver, kicks pretty hard for what it is.

Top Bottom