• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looks like not much people found out Schiit is just plain little ****

yummy

What happened to nowadays fanboys? A bunch brainwashed newbies and another big bunch schiit-wolves control the whole minds? Bad specs, pretty bad specs and endless self-pride telling-story marketing? Who knows those so-called famous people are? Are they as famous as Mark Levinson? They have SR1 tester but they still do bad things (big problem in the PCB layout, let alone their oscillated circuits). John Atkinson is the first brave man who tells the truth to the public.

Herder than the herd effect, anyway, not my money, why should I care?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It shows the power of social media marketing when done "right." I know I fell for it when I first recommended it to my son. You just gave them the benefit of doubt.

Hopefully with more objective data there will be less of that hero worshipping that occurs with such products.

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Because people are fooled because they want and are proud to be fooled?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Who knows those so-called famous people are? Are they as famous as Mark Levinson?
To be fair, yes Mike Moffat, formerly of Theta Audio, back in the day was a very well know designer. Maybe not as famous as Mark Levinson but if you were around High End audio back in the late 1980s you surely knew who Moffat was.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
It shows the power of social media marketing when done "right." I know I fell for it when I first recommended it to my son. You just gave them the benefit of doubt.

Hopefully with more objective data there will be less of that hero worshipping that occurs with such products.

I hope that causes Schiit to up their testing / quality game.

Because they are right about a few things -- high end audio is often stupidly, unjustifiably expensive. If the hobby is going to continue and be passed on to the next generation, we need more <$1000 products, not more >$5000 products.

And for all their quality issues and silly rants about the superiority of multibit DACs, at least they're not selling $500 USB cables.

Their mission statement is the right one, IMHO, they just need to stop failing at execution.

Top Bottom