• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for solutions to PC noise coming through stereo monitors

richardm

If the CPU noise is still an issue, try sending the motherboard audio into tip/ring (XLR pins 2+3). Leave the shield open on one end or the other. If the noise is eliminated but returns after a quiet period it means your sound card is going into low power standby and its outputs start floating - you'll need to prevent this.

I had noise for years across two houses, two different power supplies, two different motherboards, and two different powered monitors. Signal into tip/ring and open shield finally fixed it. The wiring suggested above didn't work for me.

OP
I

III-V

Just wanted to provide the promised update. I decided to start the desktop DAC journey with an SMSL SU-1 with the cables @staticV3 mentioned in the first reply of this post, operating through the optical input and external power input (USB C power supply). After two weeks of music, gaming and general PC testing, it has operated flawlessly. All computer noise from the GPU and CPU to the wireless mouse movements are completely gone, I can even crank the gain of the T5V's and reduce the PC output and it is still silent, no pops, no detectable noise at all. Generally I run the T5V's at around 0 dB. $109 all in.

@surroundman I don't know if you have solved your issue but this solution has cleared mine.

Top Bottom