• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for all-in-one streamer with good app

Sounchasr

I'm looking for a streamer for my bedroom with a good (usable) app. I don't want to deal with remotes. I'd like to run everything from my phone. I have a Yamaha wxa-50 presently and the app isn't great for Tidal or Deezer. Sound is good though.

Any suggestions for an upgrade all in one streamer? Thanks!

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Send WiiM Mini into your WXA. I have one and simply use the Spotify app to send music to it. The only reason to use Musicast is to turn it on or off.

BillG

Major Contributor
I'm looking for a streamer for my bedroom with a good (usable) app. I don't want to deal with remotes. I'd like to run everything from my phone. I have a Yamaha wxa-50 presently and the app isn't great for Tidal or Deezer. Sound is good though.

Any suggestions for an upgrade all in one streamer? Thanks!
The WXA-50 is a streaming integrated amplifier. Therefore, you've already own an all-in-one.

The WXA-50 supports UPnP-DLNA. Therefore, any app that supports the protocol should be able to use it as an endpoint and control it.

On Android, the popular client app of choice is BubbleUPnP. Its supports Tidal and Qobuz in terms of music services. On iOS, I couldn't tell you since I don't use it.

Then we've a number of music server applications that support UPnP-DLNA as well: JRiver and Logitech Media Server immediately come to mind. Both of them are available for MacOS and Windows, and they both offer Android and iOS client/remote control apps.

While LMS supports a number of streaming services directly via plug-ins, JRiver requires a work around that you might not wish to deal with - I didn't when I audtioned it.

Reactions: MAB
Top Bottom