• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Liquid metal speaker cable - technological breakthrough

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello OP @pma and friends,

Known as "amalgam", mercury is a nice "solvent" for many metals. I would like to recommend you to dissolve as much "gold" as possible while keeping the "amalgam" still in liquid phase making your cable/wire just much more gorgeous. You need to include this "amalgam" concept/usage in your pending patent! ;)

Last edited:

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I think if you aren't using silver plated copper pipe with liquid helium pumped through them to create superconductors, all sonic detail will be hopelessly lost. (joke)

We definitely need superconducting cables. Then we can also levitate them with magnets. The perfect cable riser! No more dirty, dirty gremlin rays from the floor making the music unbearable :D

tuga

Major Contributor
tile03.jpg

The Aqueous Aureus line of Interconnects initially introduced over 5 years ago, was one of the first cables to use Contego (a specific ratio mixture of Fluid and Ferox). The Luminist Revision of the Aqueous Aureus improves the Fluid Ferox mixture! With the enhanced alloy conductors and the sleek hand crafted design, the Aqueous Aureus delivers some of the most breath taking performance for its price point! They are available in Single-Ended (RCA) and Balanced (XLR) configurations. If your system demands a custom configuration, please contact us. We're able to custom-build to fit your needs!

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
The best wiring is no wiring. We ionize the air in the room enough, and the music signal flows freely through the room.
77c81a8c9037fbe02d5021d5d4964b0d.gif

This is Nelson Pass's comment from diyaudio (my highlighting for the last sentence):

The "ion cloud loudspeaker" used photocopy
machine ionizing nichrome wire strung in a flat
array a bit like a window screen, but with more
space between the wires, and charged to a variable
DC potential of about 10 KV.

This screen developed a layer of ionized air, and was
enclosed between two stators, much like an electrostatic
speaker, except that instead of a charged plastic diaphragm,
you had a charged semi-flat layer of gas, and you could
push-pull it with high AC voltages on the stators.

It worked fairly well, and gave new meaning to the word
"transparency".

It also had several flaws, one of which did result in a
trip to the local emergency room with breathing problems
similar to those sometimes experienced by arc welders and
caused by extended exposure to ozone.

The Wall Street Journal printed my comment:

"It was the perfect high end audio product: Exotic, inefficient,
expensive, unavailable, and toxic."

Tupisac

tile03.jpg

The Aqueous Aureus line of Interconnects initially introduced over 5 years ago, was one of the first cables to use Contego (a specific ratio mixture of Fluid and Ferox). The Luminist Revision of the Aqueous Aureus improves the Fluid Ferox mixture! With the enhanced alloy conductors and the sleek hand crafted design, the Aqueous Aureus delivers some of the most breath taking performance for its price point! They are available in Single-Ended (RCA) and Balanced (XLR) configurations. If your system demands a custom configuration, please contact us. We're able to custom-build to fit your needs!

Oooh, what a gem.

And the cherry from the specs:

Estimated Break-In Time250 Hours

Last edited:

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would greatly appreciate your advice, John. This is the only weak point of the concept. Maybe mercury filled copper tubes in the power amp with mercury-to-copper direct electron transition?
What Soldering!?
Does not require any.
Just allow the termination metal to come in contact with Mercury.
Simplest!

Edit:
won't work! we will create a new crystal boundary, damn!
Oh I got it!
Lets stick the amp to the speaker, using next to no cabling. We could even share the enclosure!
I think there is a product in there.

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
The Wall Street Journal printed my comment:

"It was the perfect high end audio product: Exotic, inefficient,
expensive, unavailable, and toxic."
Sounds like a synopsis of a dream date/trophy spouse.
:rolleyes:

OP
pma

pma

Major Contributor
This is Nelson Pass's comment from diyaudio (my highlighting for the last sentence):

The "ion cloud loudspeaker" used photocopy
machine ionizing nichrome wire strung in a flat
array a bit like a window screen, but with more
space between the wires, and charged to a variable
DC potential of about 10 KV.
Our plasma gun jet is almost ideal generator of acoustical white noise and wide range of frequencies in a visible spectrum, not mentioning the heat generated. That would be something! Poor Nelson.

Plasma_lightemission.jpg

plasma_acousticalspectrum1.png

What do you think?
For the audio field, the current cables are more than enough. They have distortions far below what the human ear perceives. It simply does not make sense to go to the mechanisms at the atomic level. The only logical explanation, apart from stupidity, which is not the case with you, would be that you are doing research for ELI-ERIC Beamlines. :)

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello friends,

I assume you already know well that high-temperature superconducting cables are already widely available; you can use them for SP cables if you have liquid nitrogen cooling system for your SP cables.:D

https://www.entsoe.eu/Technopedia/techsheets/high-temperature-superconductor-hts-cables

https://www.jst.go.jp/seika/bt13-14.html
https://sei.co.jp/newsletter/2013/02/feature.html
(I hope and believe your web browser would properly translate these pages into English. I know we have many similar reports all over the world.)

Last edited:

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Our plasma gun jet is almost ideal generator of acoustical white noise and wide range of frequencies in a visible spectrum, not mentioning the heat generated. That would be something! Poor Nelson.

View attachment 248492

View attachment 248493

Just for comparative reference,,,

Sony's "Super Audio Check CD", track-11 "White Noise", track-12 "Pink Noise": please refer to post #669 on my project thread.
WS00004746.JPG

In the CD liner notes, they described "The recorded original signals were prepared mainly by computer simulation in ultra-high precision of eleven nine (99.999999999) or higher... test noises which satisfy over 3σ (sigma, standard deviation) Gaussian distribution..."

Last edited:

lashto

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As We audiophiles know, the most important component of the audio chain that affect the resulting sound are CABLES. Take or leave, this is a naked truth. And, any good audiophile knows that the biggest enemy of the clear, fluent sound are crystal boundaries that create microdiodes in the cable structure.

Let's remind some great articles on this topic:

I have invented a cure for this audiophile pain - let's make a speaker wire from the liquid metal!! Mercury is the best candidate, and mercury filled multi-piped foam cables are the solution. Please see the cross-section drawing below. Patent pending!

View attachment 248335

didn't think life in the EU was so boring nowadays :)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Just for comparative reference,,,

Sony's "Super Audio Check CD", track-11 "White Noise", track-12 "Pink Noise": please refer to post #669 on my project thread.
View attachment 248532
In the CD liner notes, they described "The recorded original signals were prepared mainly by computer simulation in ultra-high precision of eleven nine (99.999999999) or higher... test noises which satisfy over 3σ (sigma, standard deviation) Gaussian distribution..."
Computer-simulated noise.
Now there's a niche market.
;)

EDIT: In my day, noise was clean, pure, natural analog, baby! That digital simulated noise gives me a headache! :cool:
e653f8731c317e2507cc7b76754e20ab.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom