• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Linking music to muscle power

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
In other words, music distracted them from their task.

Cosmik

Major Contributor
Reminds me of this (not that I'm that old!):
Music While You Work was a daytime radio programme of continuous live popular music broadcast in the United Kingdom twice daily on workdays from June 1940 until September 1967 by the BBC, initially in the Forces / General Forces Programme, and after the war in the BBC Light Programme and, in the mornings, on the BBC Home Service. The programme began in World War II. By playing non-stop popular / light music at an even tempo it aimed to help factory workers become more productive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_While_You_Work

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
In other words, music distracted them from their task.
I work about 15% more intensely when Iv got music playing at work. The pace and rhythm of the music effects me as well.

So for me it focuses me not a distraction really. More like the current of a river pushing me along .

Top Bottom