• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best compact class d amp with power for my needs?

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Another thread since the last didn't get any response

Dynaudio emit m10 connected to a denon hifi amp the sound is somewhat bright and pronounced in the upper midrange lower tweeter when playing loud

Why not try my fosi audio BT20A amp with my 24 volt 10 a power adapter

The sharpness in the upper midrange is gone and only a little in the highs when playing loud, power is good but wanting to play loud you do want more power, not to play louder but to have it 100% clean and not to run it at a level where the amp starts to get more agressive in the highs,more distorted,more metallic,more fatigue

A dual chipped tpa 3116 amp has this kind of power and is not 2x100 watt in 4 ohm unless it's at 10% thd, right ?

uqDDJJT[1].png

Better sound,no pop noise turning it on,off (there is non on my Fosi audio bt20a), more power, tone controls (in case i need it) under 200 euros with shipping and the highest power supply, no stock 32volt power supply but a 48 volt if it would be an amp that can handle 48 volt

Above 2x50 watt in 8 ohm or 2x100 watt in 4 ohm or more 1% thd

GM3

They advertise an impedance of 6 ohm and that is true:
85dB efficiency?

I remember seeing this chart from the A07 amazon page; so not the same for every amp but it might give a good idea of the power vs power supply. The issue was whether or not the amp can really handle that much power, and from what I recall seeing in some reviews is that man can't really, as they either just can't handle that much power, or they overheat and shut down after a bit...

47888448-5f9b-488e-8c3d-c2f00f35a2c9.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

So not entirely clear on your question, but you'd sit somewhere between 4 and 8 ohm, and the answer would really depend on how large your room is, how far you're sitting and how loud you're listening to... But yeah, don't know enough specifics on current amps to answer for a recommendation, I came here for similar purposes! ;)

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

You know that when you sometimes play loud (when im in my kitchen) with speakers not to sensitive, you want power

Often alot more than you need, for the sound to be 100% clean, not to play extra loud but to have it clean and loud

Despite rated at a low sensitivity i can play pretty loud

db sensitvity

I don't play loud for a long time, but a few songs at a time and i also do want to experience how they sound with more "clean" power at medium to loud levels

Problems with small amps is there ability to play loud for a longer period, even when it's class d, the fosi audio v3 can do it, but it's a little expensive with a 48 volt psu + it has some pop nise i don't have with my fosi audio BT20A

Last edited:

Salt

Forum Donor
Price limit?

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

I wouldn't say to expensive, the Hypex UcD400 is a power amp not integrated, not at all looking for that price range

under 200 euros,150 is better, 100 is perfect

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Wanting a super compact integrated high power amp for just €100 seems.... optimistic. Especially if you want one that doesn't fall apart or blow up after a week.

Like you say, even when you finally find a "unicorn", it's probably spec'd at 10% THD and therefore doesn't actually have that amount of juice.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Fosi audio v3 is 99 euros

Fosi audio BT20A Pro is 89 euros

My fosi audio BT20A is 75 euros

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
heaps of words and soul searching when the reality is the V3 w/ 48v psu will just about do it all

unless you want a working pre-out

its on special right now and i doubt that even double the price on an competitor can match it

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Fosi audio v3 is 99 euros

Looks like the V3 is your unicorn then. Can't imagine getting more amp for the money anywhere else.

But keep in mind that these chip based amps don't have post filter feedback, meaning that their frequency response is load dependent.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Audiophonics in france it's 103 euros + fees and shipping with a 48v 5a big power supply, Total price for me 118,78 euros, $60 on there website or 55 euros for the 48v power supply, 126 euros with 20 voucher, free delivery but only the 32volt power supply

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

I bough one but sadly you can't get it with a 42v (audiophonics has one 42v laptop psu) or a 48v psu instead of the 32v psu

I don't need more power than what the amp has with a 32v psu, 46watt in 8 ohm is enough, i just want to have more so at the same volume with a 42v or 48 v psu, it's much cleaner sounding,distortion free at the same max levels as with the 32 v psu which i 46 watt in 8 ohm and 95-99 watt in 4 ohm

With how loud i play, i have not heat problems with my BT20A

Signal to noise ratio is very colse to be the same in both channels 0.1 and 0.3 db, power,watt, each channel is a bit of balance but hope it's not a problem

-10db attenuatuator on my fosi audio BT20A is just enough and it makes me able to use all the volume range with no distortion at all, edm techno just turn the volume all the way up when you wnat it loud, no distortion

bass,treble incase there are some slightly unbalance in the sound, on my bt20a what you would think is neutral (12 o'clock) isn't

Different chipset dual 3116 vs 3255

Under 100 euro with delivery from amazone.de will arrive monday

Tube rolling i think is possible

Top Bottom