• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii factory tour

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Unclemonty

That's an interesting article, thanks for posting. Do you think Kii might update the design of the Kii Three at some point, drivers and electronics, since it's been around quite a while now?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for sharing!

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Because it helps selling to some people. That's it. :)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
That's an interesting article, thanks for posting. Do you think Kii might update the design of the Kii Three at some point, drivers and electronics, since it's been around quite a while now?
Well, ‘Purifi’ springs to mind, amps and drivers ( are the amps in the BLTs already) perhaps an oligarch model with Purifi drivers?
Keith

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You are absolutely correct. I guess I'm just a stuffy old fart, but I regard that as "pandering".

Jim

If they were not active speakers, using the same logic, might have been a tube amp instead. Agree the robust turntable seems a too apparent attempt to appeal to a certain market segment…

Circling back to a potential update to the design (maybe with Purifi drivers?), it could happen as the new tweeter looks to finally closing on release. The tour write-up does hint at another challenge as the claim is that the cabinet is a smaller portion of the cost than usual. If so, better drivers all around is likely to drive up the cost even higher. At $12K a pair they are pushing what I consider to be reasonable already. At least you are getting amplification for the spend here though. Perhaps the initial offering needed to help offset initial company expenses and a more affordable edition could be forthcoming.

A more value-oriented offering would be a welcome addition. Will turn it back to the forum now to wake me from my wishful fantasizing. ;)

Top Bottom