• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF R11 (Non-Meta) with Benchmark AHB2 and Buckeye NC252MP

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Digital_Thor that could be because one amp had a much higher damping factor than the other, simply an unprovable subjective reaction or the amp with weak bass control had something wrong with it.

Digital_Thor

@Digital_Thor that could be because one amp had a much higher damping factor than the other, simply an unprovable subjective reaction or the amp with weak bass control had something wrong with it.
Most likely. It is just several of those experiences, that leads me to believe that most sound quality difference between most good amplifiers, is the ability to driver difficult loads.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Most likely. It is just several of those experiences, that leads me to believe that most sound quality difference between most good amplifiers, is the ability to driver difficult loads.
Something like you describe happened to me but the amp with the poor cone control was really old and the replacement was new. It's. likely the old one was ready for a recap.

Top Bottom