• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS50 Meta – A sound upgrade?

BeeKay

From what I recall 75W won’t impress any LS50 too much. Also 85dB sensitivity. Could be stressful for your Marantz.
But others may know better.

MGRMLN

Correct. I'm feeding my LS50 Metas 350W Class D into 4 ohms and they lap up the power. Headroom is needed to bring out the best from these low sensitivity speakers.
But fed with ample power, even the bass comes alive.

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would do it. You mention your main use case is movies, you could add an identical center in the future. Although I'd probably do subs first before upgrading your amp.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You absolutely should do it if you have a smaller room. Amp power is important, but not critical. They should do fine on 75 wpc. I've owned a pair going one two years, withing their limitations they are excellent, and while the take very well to EQ, DSP, and a sub are completely enjoyable right out of the box. Sure to be a huge upgrade at a steal of a price.

Top Bottom