• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS50 II KC62

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Temporary office system Airplay to LS50’s,

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Well everything has arrived just plonked down and I had a very quick listen this morning.
LS60 on their own versus LS50 and a KC62 sub.
Unsurprisingly they are pretty similar, the LS50/sub definitely set the room off more than the LS60s on their own, and seemingly more than the LS60s and sub which I was using before.
I need to set them up properly and make some adjustments on their respective apps.
But they really are both cracking speakers probably not for a large room but sitting three metres away they are super.

Keith

killdozzer

Major Contributor
@Purité Audio Can't wait to read about it. Thank you for your answer. When you say "set the room off more", is that something positive? As in filled the room more? Or is it negative like bring out the room modes more?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
There is definitely more ‘room’ in there, ( I have a shocking room a +20 odd dB peak at 37Hz ) oddly I didn’t notice this when I had the KC62 attached to the LS60s I haven’t moved the sub, I need to measure and set up properly.
To be candid I don’t believe you would be disappointed with either, the sheer convenience of them Roon/Quboz and the speakers ( and a wireless sub) and that’s it.
Keith

nstzya

I would theorize that the eight subwoofers on the LS60 might be acting as a “pseudo-swarm” to smooth out the room?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I am going to move both set-ups to another less volatile room and listen again, but I can’t see anyone objecting to either wireless 50s or 60s,
Kef active Blades now!
Keith

killdozzer

Major Contributor
I am going to move both set-ups to another less volatile room and listen again, but I can’t see anyone objecting to either wireless 50s or 60s,
Kef active Blades now!
Keith
It's not objecting, but I was waiting to see whether you can notice more low output that KC62 puts out when compared to LS60 (as spec'd) even if they have the same driver, but application and construction leave less room for lows on the LS60.

Just to make sure I understand you; you're comparing LS50 WII + KC62 against LS60 alone? You don't use KC62 with LS60?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have tried the the 60s on their own and with the KC62 while I waited for the 50s to arrive, will try everything again my feeling is the sub doesn’t add that much to the 60s but definitely preferable with the 50s, pretty obvious!
The 60s just seem to be more composed the bass is there but there is no slight ‘thudiness’ and room bloom addition that there is with the 50s/kc62.
I need to acoustically measure and set up properly in another room.
Keith

AudioKC

I would theorize that the eight subwoofers on the LS60 might be acting as a “pseudo-swarm” to smooth out the room?

more drivers for bass in different location with ability to manage phase - is better 100% :cool: Question is does Kef use that benifit by DSPing speakers.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have tried the the 60s on their own and with the KC62 while I waited for the 50s to arrive, will try everything again my feeling is the sub doesn’t add that much to the 60s but definitely preferable with the 50s, pretty obvious!
The 60s just seem to be more composed the bass is there but there is no slight ‘thudiness’ and room bloom addition that there is with the 50s/kc62.
I need to acoustically measure and set up properly in another room.
Keith
Would be interesting to see if KF92s would enhance the 60s. ;)

killdozzer

Major Contributor
You can't really replace multi sub with multi driver sub for the purpose of evening out. If a multi driver sub works properly, you should still get sound emerging from a point (even if you can't localize it), meaning that if you have a null in your room, you'll probably have it with single driver sub as well as with a double driver.

Top Bottom