• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good USB-C dongle for Sundara

aristofane

Any suggestions for a USB-C dongle that can power decently the Sundaras?
Here in Europe we have very limited choices, a lot of suggestions that I've seen online are not avaible on amazon.it

It should be compatible with PC, android and iOS.
Budget 50€ but cheaper is better obviusly, I dont really need crazy sample rates or bit rates, I will use it only for Spotify.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Truthear Shio is close to that budget. Use a balanced 4.4mm cable and should power ok.

OP
aristofane

aristofane

Truthear Shio is close to that budget. Use a balanced 4.4mm cable and should power ok.
It's 70€ and i should also buy a decent balanced cable so it's kinda out ot my budget

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Apple 3.5mm to USB dongle is $9 and you'd be surprised what those can power. I tried it with the Ananda and it got plenty loud. Anything else really good like the TANCHJIM Space Lite Portable USB DAC/AMP is $45 on Aliexpress. The full version is even better, but it's $85 or would have recommended it first.

OP
aristofane

aristofane

The Apple 3.5mm to USB dongle is $9 and you'd be surprised what those can power. I tried it with the Ananda and it got plenty loud. Anything else really good like the TANCHJIM Space Lite Portable USB DAC/AMP is $45 on Aliexpress. The full version is even better, but it's $85 or would have recommended it first.
The apple dongle was my first thought too, but I'm in Europe and our version of the dongle is way underpowered relative to the American one

OP
aristofane

aristofane

i've seen that i can order the 1V version from ebay from the US for like 25 bucks (23 euros) with like 20+ days of shipping, do you think that is still worth it for that?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
i've seen that i can order the 1V version from ebay from the US for like 25 bucks (23 euros) with like 20+ days of shipping, do you think that is still worth it for that?
I'd say not. Though it might be worth, for the sake of 10 Euro, getting the EU variant locally and seeing if it provides enough. Try it on the PC first, you need a "trick" with UAPP (can be downloaded free trial) on Android to access the full output level https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-portable-headphone-dongle.44904/post-1599843

Or, if you can stomach $40 , ol' faithful Tempotec Sonata HD Pro is still available and thats a full 2v output device https://www.tempotec.net/products/h...ype-c-to-3-5mm-adapter-dac-portable-audio-out

Top Bottom