• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is resonance common in HIFI system?

OP
T

TuneInSoul

Stack them. I do not know what "foot pins" are but you need something with compliance and you should put them under the L/R speakers, too.

Unless the lower one is made of Ritz crackers, it should hold and it doesn't matter much for acoustics which one is on top.
Sorry,I don't know how to say it, I find them in the internet called "foot pins", they actually are isolation spikes.

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
What an unusual arrangement. o_O

As stated by others, physically separate the speakers from one another. If you really need the extra shelving, instead of one big drawer cabinet use narrow separate shelving as stands for each speaker. The sub(s) may be better off placed or coupled to the concrete floor directly.

simplex

Forget it,I give up,nothing changed.
Stay patient and don't give up so fast! In German we have a saying that 'Rome was not built on a single day'. Don't expect that your first try to resolve a problem is 100% successful.

What exactly was your action before you said 'nothing changed' ?

OP
T

TuneInSoul

Stay patient and don't give up so fast! In German we have a saying that 'Rome was not built on a single day'. Don't expect that your first try to resolve a problem is 100% successful.

What exactly was your action before you said 'nothing changed' ?
I used some isolation spikes.
The sound changed,because the speakers are higher maybe,but the phenomenon didn't.
I like it,and I don't want to change my setup anymore now.
And I tried to turn off the transam h10 sub and found that :when I increased the input gain of Presonus t10 sub the phenomenon was still same.
I even tried to pick up one of my speakers(let it leave the table) and the bottom unit especially of it vibrated harder when the Presonus t10 was louder.
I think maybe something in my speakers is affcted by 20-70hz soundwave,because presonus t10 has a low pass filter and I use it to produce 70hz and below.
The sound for me is not bad,I like more bass so I don't want to change anymore.
At last,I just want to know :is the phenomenon common? I have an another pair of speakers presonus e4.5 I will try to use them instead of my m-audio bx5 d3 this morning.

Last edited:

simplex

As @AnalogSteph said before: spikes are not for decoupling or 'isolation', they are for coupling speakers to a surface - the opposite!
If you're happy with the sound now, everything is fine!

Zek

Major Contributor
And what is the purpose of writing on two sides of good proposals when in the end you do not accept one?:facepalm:

OP
T

TuneInSoul

And what is the purpose of writing on two sides of good proposals when in the end you do not accept one?:facepalm:
I really appreciate it,but I am lazy and have my own taste of sound,I am curious about the sound of this,maybe one day I am tired of it,I will change it.

Last edited:

simplex

I really appreciate it,but I am lazy and have my own taste of sound,I am curious about the sound of this,maybe one day I am tired of it,I will change it.
If you're happy regarding the sound of your system as it is now, everything is fine (for the moment)!

I'm at least interested in hifi for 30 or 40 years now. Did not always have much time for this hobby, was traveling a lot for business, but for a year or so (COVID, sigh!) I'm working from home most of the time and can take more little steps to optimize my hifi setup. It takes time to (1) understand and (2) implement.

Stay openminded, and when you hear a system that sounds better than yours, without being more expensive, just try to figure out the reasons for that fact. That's how it works.

And believe me - most guys here in the forum will probably support that - improving sound quality does not always mean buying more expensive equipment. Changes to your local setup, placement of your components in your listening room, maybe some basic (!) room treatments or equalising, can be more benefitial.

Enjoy your music! :)

OP
T

TuneInSoul

If you're happy regarding the sound of your system as it is now, everything is fine (for the moment)!

I'm at least interested in hifi for 30 or 40 years now. Did not always have much time for this hobby, was traveling a lot for business, but for a year or so (COVID, sigh!) I'm working from home most of the time and can take more little steps to optimize my hifi setup. It takes time to (1) understand and (2) implement.

Stay openminded, and when you hear a system that sounds better than yours, without being more expensive, just try to figure out the reasons for that fact. That's how it works.

And believe me - most guys here in the forum will probably support that - improving sound quality does not always mean buying more expensive equipment. Changes to your local setup, placement of your components in your listening room, maybe some basic (!) room treatments or equalising, can be more benefitial.

Enjoy your music! :)
:D:D:D,yes I know what you said and agree with you.
I can share some my own experience too.
When I try something like some DSPs or gears, be patient and creative,just try anything you can do,be "cocky" like a master.But I am cautious and like a fool when the process I said above is finished,that means: my setup is not perfect,and something still can be improved.I got this after making a lot of wrong conclusions about sound.
And here it is something about my own taste.
Indeed I like bass very much,even sony mdr z7 can not meet my deep bass demand,maybe mdr z1r can,but it is too expensive and its mid I don't like.You know I use two subs,this is uncommon.
And I like circle,,nearly all my headphones' shape and pads' shape are circle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom