• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CarlToft

I currently have the blon bl03 with upgraded cable and spinfit eartips and the Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 with spinfit i think cp145.
I am considdering upgrading to the Thieaudio Legacy 3, maybe the customs but i dont know if they are really worth spending $200 on when i have some iems that are way cheaper and has a lot of value for the price.

My music preferences i listen to mostly emo rap like Lil peep, xxxtentacion and juice wrld.
I like the Urbanfuns over the blon because i think the sound is much clearer.
My amp is mostly my oneplus 6 and sometimes my desktop with asus b350-f gaming MOBO. But i am also considering buying the Fiio btr5.

I i am gonna buy them i am gonna do it when 11/11 sales start. I am open for other suggestions too.
If i need to add more just write to me so i can get the best help as possible.

Last edited:

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You might want to consider the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro / HIDIZS S8 as USB DAC/Headphone amp with a low output impedance.
I have a X370 Motherboard with Realtek ALC1220 codec and a TI NE5532 OpAmp somewhere on it, and have noticed an improvement using the Tempotec when driving low impedance headphones.
I can't see there being much room to discount this little DAC/amp much more than it already is at Tempotec store on AliExpress, but I suppose it might go a couple of $ cheaper still.

The motherboard audio is probably just fine for line out duties or driving higher impedance headphones, but IEMs and low impedance, I feel like it's goosing the frequency response.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I agree with the Sonata HD Pro recommendation. I have one. Actually, I have two :D

As for upgrades, maybe it's time to try some open headphones for home use. Open headphones typically have a larger soundstage, which people generally find more engaging for music, movies, and gaming. And because they are open, your ears can breathe, which tends to make them more comfortable for longer listening sessions compared to full sized closed headphones.

I'm not familiar with the sound signature of your IEMs, so I'm not sure what open headphones would suit you.

Top Bottom