• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is it possible to add Qobuz to the Onkyo TX-RZ50?

Lordie

Is It Possible To Add Qobuz To Onkyo TX RZ50? If Not, Are There Any Other Method For Listening To Qobuz Using The RZ50?

dlaloum

Major Contributor
I use a HTPC as my main source... so anything that can run on a PC is good!

Tre2023

The Onkyo DTS Play-Fi app or stand alone DTS Play-Fi app in Smart devices support Qobuz. But, audio is sent from app device and does not have a “Connect” function. The Play-Fi designation is “Speaker Transfer” but is not supported on my Onkyo receivers. Hi-res playback is enabled when “Critical Listening Mode” is enabled in the app settings for output and 24/192 streaming is enabled in the service settings. The receiver is locked to Stereo or All Channel Stereo mode when using it. It’s not without its bugs. I now use the Qobuz app in my Mac mini M1 via HDMI to my receiver.
IMG_4356.jpeg

Last edited:

mannycala

best way to use Qobuz with Onkyo is with Chromecast. Th Rz50 has chromecast built, you can see the onkyo directly as chromecast device from Qobuz app on the smartphone.

Top Bottom