• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IQaudio Pi-DAC Pro Streamer DAC

Jungstar

Just thought I'd chime in as someone who owns this DAC, I use it with the onboard headphone amp to listen to 320khz and HD streaming and it sounds beautiful (especially the latter) through my cheap AKG K-92's.

This setup replaced my vinyl rig - Revolver turntable with Moth tonearm, Audio Technica ATF3 occ cartridge, Arcam Delta 290 amp with optional phono stage and Mission M71i speakers and stands.

Although I preferred the sound of my vinyl rig (I prefer speakers always) the sound quality is very, very similar with the headphone setup extending into the sub bass further.

Testing sound quality has to involve the ears.

I think it is good with someone that says their opinion. Would be interesting if you also tested another dac hat.... it is so hard to listen to the difference otherwise when you have n=1 observation

mctron

These are now $25 at MicroCenter as opposed to $55 ish for the latest HifiBerry (DAC2 Pro), probably a decent buy for non critical applications. They also have the PCM5122 version for $20

André RT

Hi ppl.
I have one of these and been thinking about using the balanced outputs. Given what has been said, I thought about:
Is "the receiving device might work better in balanced mode, so the IQ audio pro dac will sound better that way", a thing?

larryblag

Good morning all. New to the forum.
I have the IQAudio Pi DAC+ on a Pi4b with Moode and was thinking of "upgrading" to the Pi DAC Pro. The Pro uses the PCM5242 vs the PCM5122 DAC of the "DAC+" model.
The difference in price is negligible (£24.90 vs £19.80 from PiHut). Interestingly, the I2S device selection in MoodeAudio works with either HAT despite the difference in DAC chips.

Top Bottom