• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

iPad headphone jack

Pegwill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi Guys

The headphone jack on my iPad is faulty. I have tried to clean it with a bit of success bit it seems that the socket is slack and doesn’t connect with the plug unless it’s wiggled ( a technical term). As it’s imposible to open up the iPad does anybody know os an oversized plug that might just do. Or are there any other ideas.

Many thanks

Pegwill

Somafunk

Major Contributor
You could buy the apple dongle and use that instead

Moderate Dionysianism

You can also try getting a caliper and looking for a larger plug. 3.5mm is apparently not a standard and the actual sizes vary. I learned the hard way when I had a sturdier cable fashioned for my PortaPros. The brand new quality Neutrik plug would not connect reliably to my LG V40 and I resorted to using these.

Same goes for plugging headphones (TRS) to a device accepting mic input from a headset (TRRS). The plug is often microscopically shorter with TRS.

Top Bottom