• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I want to listen through headphones!

Rescue911

We need the help of the collective mind.
Now:
PC - USB - D90SE - XLR - to sub XLR - to AS
Everything is super!
But, I wanted to listen through the headphones.
Via balanced output on 4.4
Question:
Does it make sense to purchase A90D to create a monolithic system with D90SE?
Will it be possible to switch from AS to headphones and back to AS in the easiest way?
Thank you in advance for your consideration of my wish.

AudioStudies

Addicted to Fun and Learning
There is a toggle switch on the front of the Topping A90 that makes it easy to switch from preamp output to headphone output and back again. There is no remote for the A90, so the switch needs to be done at the unit, but it is simple.

staticV3

Master Contributor
The A90D comes with a remote for switching from headphone out to pre out, so you don't even have to touch the Amp.

OP
Rescue911

Rescue911

Thanks for your reply.
That's exactly what I needed to know from the expert.
Now tell me, please: where to put the A90D, before the D90SE or after?
Connect them with XLR cables - right?
Thanks in advance for your answer.

AudioStudies

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am not an expert, just happen to own a D90 and A90. Not sure about the letter D you are putting after A90, so that may be a more recent version than the A90 that I have. So I will caveat my answers for what works with the A90 for me. My D90 DAC feeds the A90 with XLR cables. From the A90, I feed powered monitors with XLR cables and a subwoofer with the rca outputs. But if your sub has outputs to go to the rest of your system, you won't need to feed from both sets of the A90 like I am doing, just feed from one set of outputs to your sub. The DAC will always go before the premp.

Top Bottom