• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I need your help in choosing a DAC.

Avul

Hello, friends! I need your help in choosing a DAC. I assembled a new computer. And I do not want to put a sound card. Previously installed was the Xonar Essence ST the ASUS.
What I have. This amplifier is Yamaha as500, Dynamics Magnat Quantum 673.

My budget is 200 - 300 $.
I'm considering two options - topping d50 or topping d30 + a30.

What will be your opinion, recommendations.

And I am sorry for my english. )))

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No problem about your English :)

Will you use it with headphones?

OP
A

Avul

Yes, I currently have Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok, the A30 has a high output impedance of around 10 Ohm. Your headphones have an input impedance of about 36 Ohm. So in theory, they should not be a good match. However, because the headphones have a smooth impedance response and are sensitive, it shouldn't be a problem. Someone else might have a better suggestion than the A30 though.

The Topping D10 measures just as well or better than the D30 and is cheaper, so it might be a better choice. Both should sound exactly the same (transparent).

OP
A

Avul

Ok, the A30 has a high output impedance of around 10 Ohm. Your headphones have an input impedance of about 36 Ohm. So in theory, they should not be a good match. However, because the headphones have a smooth impedance response and are sensitive, it shouldn't be a problem. Someone else might have a better suggestion than the A30 though.

The Topping D10 measures just as well or better than the D30 and is cheaper, so it might be a better choice. Both should sound exactly the same (transparent).
Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom